Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos as master keyboard: routing question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laandodeman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Kronos as master keyboard: routing question Reply with quote

I want to use the Kronos to send out three different signals to the FOH (so that the sound engineer can make his own mix):

* Pads/chords/hammonds/pianos. I want to use the Left/Right outputs for that.
* Leads. I want to use outputs 1 and 2 (stereo) for that. Sometimes, I want to route my external board (Moog Voyager) through the Kronos and put fx (delay) on it. These leads also should be sent out through outputs 1 and 2.
* Bass sounds (mainly Taurus samples). I want to use output 3 for that.

Somehow, I am not able to route everything like this. I am getting confused by routing in combi's, the global settings and fx settings.

Hope somebody can help me. And, yes, I did already check the parameter guide..... Smile
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Sounds from the Kronos are routed from the IFX routing screen. If you want a sound to go through an IFX first (instead of to an individual output directly) then you will need to route it to an IFX first, then from the IFX overview list with the twelve slots, find it and on the right side set the routing up there. One caveat of this approach is that any signal generated by MFX (such as your general combi reverb) will still come out of L/R.
2. Sounds that are routed into the Kronos are routed either from the global audio in tab (if you use the same routing for every combi/sound) or from the combi audio in tab (use the "bypass global" checkbox). You can send any input straight to any audio output from here, or to an IFX slot. If you send it to an IFX slot, the same rules as above apply - you will need to find the IFX and set up where the sound should go after passing through it, and any reverb send levels to MFX will come out of L/R no matter what you do.
laandodeman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankx Sander, I will have a look at it again with that perspective. Think I understand what you mean Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: