Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The New Kronos!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francois wrote:
Bach42t wrote:
Why does the Kronos logo now look a little "bootleg"? It doesn't follow the same font as the previous models?

I wondered that as well. The old font matched Korg better imho. I guess they wanted to make sure you could differenciate between the old and the new for machines used on stage.

Isn't that the original Triton font?
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice! If I was considering Kronos or about to buy one, I'd be more than happy to get this new unit!

As far as I'm concern, my original K is still overwhelming and the learning process far from being completed.

I'll be years before I feel the need to replace it.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
That would be nice...but just regular drag and drop is nice but for what? LOL

The video shows patch cabling. Seems useful to me, with the current system I find myself wondering if I double clicked yet or if I should.
CGoodhines

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: New Wooden ends Reply with quote

[quote="jeebustrain"][quote="slowtrain"][quote="jeebustrain"][quote="lotty1"]Hope they sell the wooden ends separately. They look very good on the new kronos Very Happy[/quote]

That would be cool... a good match onstage for my new Prophet 12[/quote]

How do you like that board? I thought of the Prophet 12 when I saw the end caps too Wink Too bad they won't fit. The new case looks really nice with them.[/quote]

It's pretty sweet. I've been replacing a lot of the prophet type sounds that I had programmed in the Kronos and V-Synth for my live set, but I'm still working on getting some cool bread & butter type general sounds. It's definitely not a Moog (as in it's not as naturally fat or ballsy), but it's got some amazing potential.[/quote]

I ended up doing the same thing with my P12......
Thinking at least SOME of it would resemble a P5, I thought I could fly through edits and new patches, at first anyways. Very little like a P5, if you ask me. You have to approach it differently, especially if you want it to sound "old". It's not like programming a Mini or Memorymoog.....
But, I got familiar with it, "flattened" the digitalness out of it, and got it to sound pretty good. Even got some Arp sounds out of it. Love it.
CGoodhines

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Corgy"][quote="Broadwave"]It's a great looking keyboard, but I'm very happy that I don't feel the need to upgrade. I'll stick with my old 1st Gen Wink[/quote]

Yes ... and I compliment Korg for keeping a valued instrument on the path of evolution rather to drop it. Hopefully they keep doing this for many years to come Smile

I do hard to switch instruments just for a new feature. I still have my old MS-20, MS-50, Trinity and other stuff I can't part with.[/quote]
I loved my M3, but my complaint can be referred to as the "Korg Komponent System". Was supposed to be expandable, adding/interchanging modules like the Radias, but the whole idea died.
KJandKT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know if the audio/midi sequencer in this is upgraded any to make it more user-friendly to use as a substitute all-in-one recording studio?
Thanks and God bless
dave_r

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a brand new Kronos X 61 just three days ago, blissfully unaware that a new model was coming out. Thankfully, it looks like my keybed is faulty (makes an awful noise) and my retailer is happy for me to return it for refund (no quibble if faulty within 30 days of purchase) I told them NOT to send a replacement X, I will wait for the new wooden sided model to come in stock and pay the difference if necessary. lucky escape?

Here's a YouTube video of my Kronos. Please tell me this isn't normal?😬

http://youtu.be/0-_uV9TjoF4

Dave.
bsbsantos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave_r,

It is not normal.
slowtrain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone mentioned that the new ones are cheaper Dave Very Happy
amosaic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$4700 us for the 88 is alot....and the 61 would be like 32-3300? thats alot too....and here i thought it would be "cheaper" like3k for the 88 and 2200 for the 61.......so a new in the box kronos 88x would go for?? 3k?? wow.. resale on the kronos will not be too good...

I just wonder if its like what line 6 did with the pod 500hd vs the new 500x hd...the 500x has different lighted switches and more dsp but other then that same models and effects and sounds...so for me upgrading to the 500x was not worth it..i would have to sell mine and take a hit and pony up likely another 100.00....give or take a little...

A bunch of people will buy the new one and keep the old one and post how the new one is so much better...lol..happens all the time...and original kronos owners will be jonesing so they will either ignore that or take a loss on theirs when they sell and get the latest greatest...of course v3 evens the playing field...as far as people not quite jumping ship for the new one..
Me i wouldnt need 2 kronos..( i have a m3-88with Radias and a super nova 61-prox) but of course it would be "nice" to have both..lol...
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:
That would be nice...but just regular drag and drop is nice but for what? LOL

The video shows patch cabling. Seems useful to me, with the current system I find myself wondering if I double clicked yet or if I should.

It used to be used to move sliders smoothly, for mixing etc. back on the Trinity etc. I would guess that this is possible now with the Kronos as well. Also rotating a knob for pan position.

Jerry
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amosaic wrote:
$4700 us for the 88 is alot....and

A bunch of people will buy the new one and keep the old one and post how the new one is so much better...lol..happens all the time...and original kronos owners will be jonesing so they will either ignore that or take a loss on theirs when they sell and get the latest greatest...of course v3 evens the playing field...as far as people not quite jumping ship for the new one..
Me i wouldnt need 2 kronos..( i have a m3-88with Radias and a super nova 61-prox) but of course it would be "nice" to have both..lol...

I don't know. You might be right about ' a bunch of people '

I am frugal . I don't gig. And after I upgrade my kronos I expect it to sound identical to the X2.

A few people tried to say the ' X ' sounded better but that was debunked quickly.
amosaic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am in the same place as you...I am very frugal..i am a guitarist who has bought a few boards to create on throughout time...I enjoyed the trinity i had a long time ago..and i progressed to the triton which i sold and now i have an m3 and a kronos....i used to have a motif years ago but liked korg better for creativity. I cannot afford another board for a long long time...so i am happy the v3 will work with the kronos x...of course guitar stuff is very cheap compared to workstations...i think many may be listening to the new one and its affecting their view because its new and shiny and the konos2...i mean i would expect it to have more dps power and a fatser chip n all but in the end i dont gig and that wouldnt matter to me...I am a one man band.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like some of Stephen Kay's Karma-Lab programming has been added to some of the combinations. Very Cool. Very Happy
laandodeman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad Korg decided not to bring back the integrated Oasys pads below the screen.

But looking forward to OS 3.0.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 6 of 16

Jump to: