Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The New Kronos!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
This is interesting... 88-key new Kronos is the same price as 73-key Kronos X...

Yes, prices have gone down a bit.

Quote:
Of course, prices in EU are likely to be completely different (i.e. worse).

Official RRP for Europe:
61 = €3,569
73 = €4,045
88 = €4,402

Street prices given by a French dealer taking pre-orders (delivery in January 2015):
61 = €2,999
73 = €3,399
88 = €3,599

Street prices in England:
61 = £2,369
73 = £2,699
88 = £2,999

Kronoscopie, tout sur le Kronos en français

http://www.kronoscopie.fr
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, taking it in the ass with prices in Europe, as usual. Ergh.
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the screen is an improvement I wonder if we will be able to upgrade the screen in our existing boards?
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowtrain wrote:
arne v wrote:
yikes...new toy Smile

I wonder if this would be compatible with "the old" Kronos saved programs, combies etc. If they have changed a lot in the OS it might not be compatible. If compatible can u transfer your purchased EX. soundset on the "new" Kronos?
And what about Karma...same version? I miss sync between drumtrack and karma and a more tidy menu on all the karma generated patterns. Now its just a mess and very difficult to know what to look for.

Since i live in Norway this wouldnt arrive until late next year so ill have plenty of time selling my "old" kronos (easy part) and convincing my wife (hard part) Shocked

I think someone mentioned that you can't transfer purchased EXs from one Kronos to another, even if you own both. Hopefully we'll get a free upgrade to OS 3, and it won't be an issue for most people. I noticed DanfromKorg has been on this thread, and he didn't mention anything either way which kind of worries me.

Not to nitpick, but it is "danatkorg"...
Bach42t

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does the Kronos logo now look a little "bootleg"? It doesn't follow the same font as the previous models?
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobTheDog wrote:
If the screen is an improvement I wonder if we will be able to upgrade the screen in our existing boards?

Just had a quick look at the new videos, the screen looks exactly the same to me.
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelagranger wrote:

My only real quibble with Korg is that they have tried to save some money by using lighter materials to make the case out of. I preferred their more solid Triton line. I know it makes it heavier and harder for those that gig, but if it is going to be a studio instrument then I prefer a heavier case.

Yeah I'm definitely in the other camp. I thank my lucky stars they made the Kronos lighter since I gig every weekend. The fact that it's a weighted keybed and weighs what it does is amazing. That said I would have went for unweighted to go even lighter if it was available. At 2AM, it's still a beast to move if you're using more than a gig bag.

The other thing I'll say is, I feel most hardware boards ARE for gigging these days. With VSTis and controllers of such high quality these days, I can't see why one would bother with a traditional workstation. If they ever find a way to get REAL integration between different programs that's as quick and efficient as hardware boards, I'd get a tablet/controller setup in a red hot minute! At least as my 2nd board.

Regarding the new Kronos, not only am I excited for the upgrades but being this is marketed as a "new" board it gives longevity to current users like myself. We all hoped that the Kronos would be Korg's K2XX series with a lot of miles and upgrades. This doesn't absolute that, but hints to the real possibility and at a minimum lets us know we'll have a cutting edge board for at least another 2 years! To that end, Thanks Korg.
slowtrain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The screen on the new one has drag and drop, so you can connect patch cords; and slide faders without using the knob or other inputs.

Last edited by slowtrain on Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bach42t wrote:
Why does the Kronos logo now look a little "bootleg"? It doesn't follow the same font as the previous models?

I wondered that as well. The old font matched Korg better imho. I guess they wanted to make sure you could differenciate between the old and the new for machines used on stage.

Kronoscopie, tout sur le Kronos en français

http://www.kronoscopie.fr
lonelagranger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah I'm definitely in the other camp.

I understand your point completely and enjoyed reading your well written post on this thread.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowtrain wrote:
The screen on the new one has drag and drop, so you can connect patch cords; and slide faders without using the knob or other inputs.

I wondered about this myself - whether it's only a software upgrade or if a different screen is required for drag and drop. I'm inclined to think the former, as the M3 also had it. It's not a super new feature, hardware-wise.
traveler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!

The new model is surely a looker. I was never crazy about the dark grey. And these ridiculous side panels that get scratched if you look at them too hard...

I've been trying to convince myself I need one, but I don't see enough new features to justify buying the new model right away. I will probably keep my Kronos X61, wait and see.

The new patches on soundbanks INT A and INT B look incredible though. I will surely be in line to try them as soon as the first new Kronos gets to Guitar Center! Smile

And the OS upgrade is of course very appreciated. Kudos to Korg for that!

T.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to admit, I'm not overly keen on the styling. Looks cheaper imho.

However, the wooden end cheeks look naff on the 61 key version, and the rear panel graphic is not good.

Looking The OS looks great though. Can't wait for that.
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
lotty1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: New Wooden ends Reply with quote

Hope they sell the wooden ends separately. They look very good on the new kronos Very Happy
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ksynth wrote:
No Karma upgrade?

Lol...KARMA has nothing to do with KRONOS OS upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: