Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The New Kronos!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelagranger wrote:
They won't get my money. I am done chasing new and improved workstations at outrageous prices. I use Ivory for my piano and I doubt their 12 layer velocity Berlin can compete...
I will wait 2 or 3 years and get it for $1,200.00 used at GC.

+1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos2014: new sequencer features??? Reply with quote

Slovenec wrote:
I'm waiting for the M3 a xpanded and Krome sequencer features like the piano Roll editor to make it into Kronos. Any luck this time?

Nope mate. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this kind of thread posts ("I bought a Kronos but prefer using software") a bit silly?

Why should someone prefering to play around with software, not playing live and having no need and/or no proper understanding for the other goodies a Kronos has to offer
a) buy a Kronos in the first place? Wouldn't that be a waste of a first class synth workstation? Wink
b) buy it first, and then complain about buying it, without properly thinking about that buy and testing it seriously before buying?
c) write silly comments in a Kronos forum while playing around with his preferred software - instead of selling his mistunerstood inverstment at the next possible occasion and just return to his PC software?

This all fails to make any bit of sense to me.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Isn't this kind of thread posts ("I bought a Kronos but prefer using software") a bit silly?

c) write silly comments in a Kronos forum while playing around with his preferred software - instead of selling his mistunerstood inverstment at the next possible occasion and just return to his PC software?

This all fails to make any bit of sense to me.

I am sorry i missed that brilliant post. Maybe the poster worked for a software co Smile
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that's fair. I have no problem saying I don't use Kronos almost at all in the studio as I have better sounding stuff with better integration for practically anything. I still love my Kronos and wouldn't want any other board for live use. I think lonelagranger was just commenting that he prefers to use his G8 with Ivory for classical music. How does that invalidate his buying a Kronos?
lonelagranger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you SanderXpander. That is exactly what I do. I have a right to own a kronos X if I wish. I love it very much. I just prefer the software Ivory for classical music. That's all. So should I also give up my G8 and Motif XS8. I love playing all of them and software instruments. It's a free country. I can have as many goodies as I can afford. So there.
amosaic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a kronos x and an m3 and like them just fine for writing music...I am not a classically trained anything but a self taught musician to whom guitar is my number 1 instrument and i play keyboards to create on and for filler/background ambient textures and to thicken the songs up...for this the m3 and kronos(and my supernova prox) work fine and always make me smile and sometimes give me goose bumps...silly i know but I used to play a motif way back when and i had a triton and a trinity and an old roland but now settled with korg and find the v3 upgrade to be a great gift from korg...i mean they could have just let the kronosx die but this will add some more life to the EXPENSIVEEEEEEEEEEEEE BEAST....cant afford another kronos now and selling to lose money and paying more just doesnt make sense..
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelagranger, of course you can buy what you want all day long.

I still have doubts if it makes much sense debating practically irrelevant things like incrdible midi resolutions, or fantasies of breaking Kronos keys (you never properly answered Dan's question about that), or preferred software instruments, in a thread about the new Kronos.

And if someone buys a Kronos, and the main content of comments seems to be why this and that and whatnot should be supposed to be a problem using it, of course I ask myself for what purpose it might have been bought in the first place.

@SanderXpander: I don't see anything unfair in questioning a from my view weird way of complaining. The Kronos is a powerful multipurpose synth, which can be tested in stores, including key action. I only buy it for a reason, and if I debate more areas for non-use than for use, what should that be good for? That's like blaming an organ for not being a piano.

Very glad about the new Kronos and OS V3 as the original thread content here.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really happy with my Kronos and V3 OS too Smile
I felt lonelagranger's post to flow naturally from the discussion. Your post came off a little condescending (silly this, silly that), which is why I jumped in on his behalf. That's all, really.
lonelagranger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kronos, for whatever reason, seems to bring out a lot of extreme feelings from many people. It really is only a piece of equipment. If I didn't like it I would not have bought it. I have made comments on certain elements of its design that I thought could be better. But they are what they are. I made these observations in conjunction with the other keyboards I have at hand. Ie: Roland G8, Motif XS8, Roland RD700NX, Tyros 3, and others I have scattered around. I am not saying the Kronos is a bad keyboard. It is a very good keyboard. I have just found, for me, that I prefer the action on the Roland G8. It feels, to me, more solid. The differences are small and of no great impediment to my performing. If I chose to use the Kronos for classical piano it still sounds very good to me. I don't like the extreme upper keys, about the last 5 or 6. For me they just don't sound woody enough. It is, however, a very small concern on my part and not a deal breaker. The piano as a whole still sounds great. I have bought every workstation of Korg's since the M1. Why would I stick with a company if I didn't like its product. Just because one makes a critical comment about a part of an instrument doesn't mean they hate it or that it is no good. I just have a lot of instruments to compare the Kronos to. As far as the keybed goes I don't believe I am the only one that has made mention about that can of worms. I like all the instruments that I have, even the cheap casios. It's the player that makes the music more than the instrument. If you play crappy it doesn't matter what keyboard you play, you will sound crappy. So for once and for all I do not hate my Kronos. I like it very much. I thought I had answered the Korg reps question as best I could. Explaining how one perceives the feel of a keyboard can only go so far in words. You need to experience it. If I didn't answer all your questions to your standard, sorry. I am 68 and have much bigger things to worry about. I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving and enjoys whatever keyboard they like. Make music
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelagranger, I wish you fun with all of your keyboards.

Neither really wanting to use the K as Piano, nor naming some of all the other possible purposes, is hard to understand for me. But there's no need to continue this debate.
lonelagranger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you jimknopf. I agree with you. I think we've beatin the horse to death. Best of luck to you on your music making and the upcoming holidays. We both love the same thing. Music.
T7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if the new Kronos will continue to be made in Japan?
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T7 wrote:
Anyone know if the new Kronos will continue to be made in Japan?

Yes.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
scottgblood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone actually ordered one of these yet or am I the only one Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: