Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The New Kronos!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Karma upgrade?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
Check out the video for prog/combi/setlist mode - it's all shown in there.

Yes I missed some parts indeed ... looks like cool new features:
- 4/8/16 set list slots / window
- tranpose on set list slot level
- 5 different font sizes for descriptions
- new lines in descriptions now also supported inside the Kronos

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Corgy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love those wood panels ... looks great ... would at least like to have an upgrade kit.

I hope that we get an Kronos OS update, if the internal hardware has not changed too much.

From the specs and images it reminds me of the KronosX with a different housing that gets the display at a better angle.
lonelagranger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They won't get my money. I am done chasing new and improved workstations at outrageous prices. I use Ivory for my piano and I doubt their 12 layer velocity Berlin can compete. Don't get me wrong. I like Korg. I am just done spending this much money on a workstation. There is not enough difference, in my mind, between the Kronos X and the new Kronos to justify spending more money.

I will wait 2 or 3 years and get it for $1,200.00 used at GC.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelagranger wrote:
They won't get my money. I am done chasing new and improved workstations at outrageous prices. I use Ivory for my piano and I doubt their 12 layer velocity Berlin can compete. Don't get me wrong. I like Korg. I am just done spending this much money on a workstation. There is not enough difference, in my mind, between the Kronos X and the new Kronos to justify spending more money.

I will wait 2 or 3 years and get it for $1,200.00 used at GC.

Us Kronos owners will not have to spend big $$$ for a new board.

Not to argue with your choice, but to keep a mostly future proof ( Kronos is upgradeable to 3.0) workstation for 5 or 6 yrs, that is clearly better ( as a whole) than their competitors is excellent news for many of us.
lonelagranger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Us Kronos owners will not have to spend big $$$ for a new board.

Not to argue with your choice, but to keep a mostly future proof ( Kronos is upgradeable to 3.0) workstation for 5 or 6 yrs, that is clearly better ( as a whole) than their competitors is excellent news for many of us.

You've made my point. That is what I am saying. There is not enough difference to purchase a new board. Yes, it is great that we can update the OS to 3.0, supposedly. As someone has said earlier on this thread or another, I forget. Don't buy the board expecting it to do more than on the day you bought it. That is a fair statement, and anything more given us by the manufacturer is a bonus. My only real quibble with Korg is that they have tried to save some money by using lighter materials to make the case out of. I preferred their more solid Triton line. I know it makes it heavier and harder for those that gig, but if it is going to be a studio instrument then I prefer a heavier case.

Also does anyone know if the new Kronos is using the new triple sensors for high resolution midi. This has been done by Roland and Casio Privia PX-5S. That makes a big difference if you play piano. Especially classical music. I can get a much wider range of dynamics out the Privia than I can the Kronos. The Privia piano is nothing to scoff at in my opinion. It also offers 256 note polyphony. It does all this for under $1,000.00. I am not comparing the two as one is basically a stage piano and the other a full out synth. But when playing piano I am more likely to sit at my Privia than the Kronos.

The real innovator for me has been in making music with my tablet. Expecially the Microsoft Surface Pro. It is a little workhorse. I would think in the long run there would be quite a market for a company that would make their instrument in the form of modules. A buffet, so to speak. Be able to pick out your own sound engine and keyboard type and plug them together. I think someone is missing the boat here. Just my opinion of course.

Good luck on the new Kronos. I am sure it will make many people happy.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How confusing! ok since there's no document on Korg's website to show the difference between the two....Aside from the side panels and Software difference (which from I understood it's going to be available for older models later on) , what would be the main difference?

lonelagranger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make a very valid point. You would think Korg would make a big deal out of introducing a new keyboard. But then, maybe it's not a new keyboard and they are down playing it. I don't know. Like you say. "What are the differences"? Give us something more than the few blurbs on their website. What kind of processor? How much memory? How large of an SSD? Maybe these are answered somewhere. At first glance I didn't see this info. The specs I did see show it to be the same size ROM 314MB. Same size SSD as the Kronos X 62GB.

Why would they call it the Kronos. That puzzles me. They had a Kronos. One with a lot of complaints and problems. Who was the genius you decided, Oh yeah, let's name it the same as the one we had so many complaints about. I don't know I just buy them, not build them. They must know something we don't. Anyway, I am very happy with my Kronos X. Thank you very much Korg.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice that the website address is actually:

http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/kronos2/
amosaic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is strange that its not called kronos2 or something like that...i hope the v3 os can be used in the old kronos and kronos x..that would be a bonus but i wouldnt plan on it....i wonder if it will be more then the kronos x was when it came out?.....

it looks nice and they have a regular kronos and a kronos x version listed so the kronos x is the older one now...very confusing...the new kronos looks sleeker and not as wide from front to back..not so much empty space on the top and black vs grey...knobs look different style too....its a cool looking upgrade for sure.....i cant afford another kronos though...and to sell my newish one to get this one really wouldnt make sense...i mean i would have to likely pony up 1k or more...(closer to 2k i bet) so just not smart for me.
amosaic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh,,,so its actually the kronos 2...but not really screenprinted on the machine....that makes sense.All i hope and do not expect is the v3 would be avail for kronos and koronos x users..
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the thread a bit, v3 will be available for current Kronos users.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/search.php?s=kronos&Go=Search

This is interesting... 88-key new Kronos is the same price as 73-key Kronos X...

Of course, prices in EU are likely to be completely different (i.e. worse).

Last edited by EvilDragon on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
fuse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
Read the thread a bit, v3 will be available for current Kronos users.

Not every brand does this, so kudos to Korg.
Rigel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from Korg UK facebook page...
Korg KronosX73, Kurzweil PC3K6, Roland V-Synth GT, Kawai K5000S, Waldorf Blofeld, Novation Ultranova, Behringer Neutron, Yamaha HS80M, Boss Micro BR80, Zoom H6, Sony PCM D100, Tascam DP32SD, Mackie 1202VLZ4, Zoom MS-70CDR, Rode NT1, Sony MDR 7506.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: