Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with four keys in the lower register on my Kross 61

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spiderfingers777

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Problem with four keys in the lower register on my Kross 61 Reply with quote

The keys G, F#, F and E in the lowest octave sounds like they are automatically harmonized with a diminished fifth when pressing one of them. This does happen only on these four keys on all patches. The keyboard is brand new, got it today, and I have not altered any configurations or damaged the keyboard, it looks 100% in shape and have not any visible flaws. The keys feel and looks like all the other keys, and do not appear damaged in any way.

I would highly appreciate any help, it is a bit of a hassle for me to return it, and would like to avoid that unless absolutely necessary.
Auquicu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When turning on the Kross, check what OS versión appears on the screen. If you have something lower tan 1.0.3 you might need to install the latest OS update.
castorex

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This problem does not appear in the list of 1.0.3 update.
And it is impossible that Korg keeps this kind of bug in a default configuration for any patch.

So I suspect a major malfunction => return the keyboard or contact the support.
tommymandel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the power-up Kross Piano sound selected, does the problem move up (or down) to another octave when you press either of the 2 switches (S1, S2)?

if YES: it's a sonic problem, try a different amp first, if that doesn't make the issue go away, then replace instrument.

if NO: sounds like a keybed issue. If compressed air or shaking/turning upside down doesn't fix it, then replace instrument.

just my opinion. Good luck.
WindriderMetal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also try recording some MIDI from the keyboard over USB (or with a MIDI cable) into Cubase/Pro Tools/etc, to see if the keyboard is actually triggering the diminished fifth. It wouldn't help you much in fixing the problem yourself, but it'd be a good way to troubleshoot and find out exactly what is going on.

Gear I use:

Korg Kross / Korg X50 / Korg Triton Extreme / M-Audio Axiom / Roland AX7 / Studiologic SL-990 Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: