Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is your gear around Microstation ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: What is your gear around Microstation ? Reply with quote

I own mine a couple of months and despite im generally pleased with the organ, some things like the saving process is still a pain in the butt... Anyways i managed to create user combis in a decent level, but since i mostly do electronic music, i'm facing issues about writing the beat lines and "changing" them during a track. I mean i use the arpeggiator as i should but its not very convenient for this job. So im thinking about buying a drum machine or a sampler and combining it with my microstation. So my generall question is:

Do you use any other equipment synced with your MW1 for making your workflow easier? Samplers, drum machines, midi keyboards, or maybe another synth ?

If we suppose mw1 is your main organ of course, and if you prefer staying away from pc like me when you play.
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: My Gear Reply with quote

Having mine now 1.5 years I'm still delving in Combi's and Sequencing using Korg MW1. The way I change arpeggio patterns is making a set list in user combi space, I have not yet explore all midi options to trigger arpeggio's with NRPN if that available(I'm guessing now out of the top of my head while typing about this last part).

My other gears are Casio XW-G1 , PX5S, Akai mpx8 , Arturio Beatstep.
Daws are Sonar , Cubase elements.
wishlist (Korg Kronos 61 , Volca sampler).
gl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_SamDoogie wrote:
Akai mpx8 , Arturia Beatstep, Volca sampler

Hey, are you in my mind ? I am about to choose among these !

I was planning to write the beatlines in my daw and then trigger them with mpx8. Have u tried this ? Does it take an hour to load short clips of beats ? Im reading about its limitations and bugs in reviews so im not sure its the proper tool.

The sequencer of Beatstep can be used as an extra arp and thats cool but does it work without much setup with the various drums sets of MW1 ? Can be synced with the external clock (of mw1) without a daw opened ?

Would u buy them again?

Finally i am also waiting for the Volca, it may do the job of the above two, but lets hope it will load samples without iOS stuff too. Another option (if it wouldnt cost that much) is the new Electribe Sampler...
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: My Gear Reply with quote

Mpx8 has the proper midi cable connection set and the site provides tools to manage all samples into kits and write them to SD card, however load times not that fast, once samples in ur good to go but switching between sets again is quiet slow. Its a nice sample player, Pads are what you could expect very responsive.

Beatstep is a nice controller with big potential we still waiting for a cool update on the firmware.

The volca sampler got my interest to use with PX5 which I use as master keyboard a pitty it cant sample and only use IOS (:\ . but the fact u can use filters and that it stores up to a hundred samples is a pro I hope midi CC of this device can be mapped to get loose with it cuz i want one.
Manus168

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides My Korg MW1, only a Korg Damper Pedal, Stabilizer voltage and the headphones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: