Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding strap pegs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shutoku

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Adding strap pegs? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the structure of the end panels on a Kross 61 would support strap pegs for playing the Kross as a (and I'm not a fan of this term) keytar?
Mind you I imagine doing so would void the warranty, so if I were going to do it I would wait until it is done (I'm not even sure what the warranty is tbh).

I've also wondered about designing a kind of saddle to hold it with a strap.
I actually have a Yamaha KX5 so I could just midi it to the Kross, but with the light weight of the Kross, the fact it can run on batteries, using it with a strap would make it even more portable for taking to jam nights and things like that since you wouldn't need to pack a stand. Packing the KX5 and the Kross would sort of defeat the purpose of ultimate portability.
Also cheezy or not, Keytars have a better entertainment impact than a tiny keyboard on an X stand.
Most of my playing involves using a stack of 3 with the Kross on top, but like I say for things like Jams where it isn't terribly serious or rehearsed it would be fun I think to go with a strap on.......keyboard.

Just thinking out loud.
Auquicu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also thinking in making a saddle to hold a strap, and think is is quite posible.
WindriderMetal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not strap pegs, but I have taken the back case off my Kross and screwed in two handles, which I use to strap it to the keyboard stand. I loved that the X50 had these handles as it allowed me to do that, and I wanted a way to do it with the Kross. The plastic seems to be very strong and I have not had any bending/cracking problems while using a ratchet strap which is very very tight.
You can see what I mean here:

Gear I use:

Korg Kross / Korg X50 / Korg Triton Extreme / M-Audio Axiom / Roland AX7 / Studiologic SL-990 Pro
six_feet_under

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 2:01 am    Post subject: Convert Kross1 to Keytar Reply with quote

I found your 6 year old post. Did you ever do this? I'm thinking of converting my Kross1 to a keytar. Like a keytar, the Kross1 has comparable light-weight, accessible controls, is battery powered, PLUS we get a full 61 keys, with multiple splits, instead of wasting space on Ribbon Controllers, Octave Switchers, etc. When will manufacturers understand that its OK to look like a keyboard, and stop trying to look like a guitar! We should come up with another name, like strap-on-keyboard or Performer-Keys.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Talking Heads keyboardist moves around with his keyboard in front of him using the kind of over-the-shoulders support that, for example, someone playing xylophone in a marching band would use. I thought it was a cool idea, I actually bought one of those holders. It works fine, if you're okay with the look. I ended up not using it for other reasons and should probably get around to putting it on eBay!
six_feet_under

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted a video “how to convert Kross1 to a keytar” on YouTube https://youtu.be/I7YHznSAEYY and in the Korg Kross Share group on Facebook.
Shutoku

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't visited the forum for a while.
I never did do this, but I enjoyed your video, and I am still considering it.
Korg really should have put strap pegs on in the first place.

Great job on the video!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: