Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG auto fill in drums during perform.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lidista11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: KORG auto fill in drums during perform. Reply with quote

Hi everyone i am new to korg kross. Does anyone knows about auto fill in? Like in yamaha , you will press a button to change your beat in a chorus or press again that button when you want to go on stanza of a song. Thanks
dadabujontomasteel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You can record more than 1 instrument at once simply by programming them in. As far as I can remember. I agree with you on stanza, Kross is known for advanced features for professionals, then they keep stuff simple for the beginners.

David
Lidista11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. So what i need to do is to create always my own drum patterns? My problem with that is when i want to repeat same chorus again and again or i want to repeat a stanza during a live performance. I think that is not possible with the korg kross. When i saw it in youtube there are no fill ins for chorus or stanza during a live performance.
tommymandel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are looking for a feature that is more usually found in an auto-arranger keyboard instrument, like a Pa-800 or something...
Lidista11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sir something like that in korg pa 800. Is that feature also availble in korg kross?thanks for reply.
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a much asked for feature, but it's only on the auto-arrangers. Korg synth combis can sound like auto arrangers, but don't have the same parts structure to work with.

Probably the closest you can get on the Kross is to actually change the drum track or pattern being played to another in edit mode.

To do that you could use the inc/dec button to move up or down 1 pattern number. To use patterns that are not next to each other you'd need to save them as User patterns into slots next to each other.

Not a perfect solution, getting into that page will take several button pushes (at least), and you can't go in and out of that mode easily. You'll have to work a bit to see if it does what you want.

Boards featuring KARMA can set up to switch between 'scenes' that can have very different characteristics using the same sounds, so the KARMA and Kronos' can get closer to the functions of the auto-arrangers for verse/chorus/bridge style variations.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Lidista11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir thanks for the info. I think that is the solution i want to see and try. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: