Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI Note Sustain Stuck/Screeching Problem on Bass

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Discom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:03 am    Post subject: MIDI Note Sustain Stuck/Screeching Problem on Bass Reply with quote

This issue will happen all the time when connected to USB midi (cheapo $5 Midi interface, which I plan to replace very soon). It only happens sometimes when connected directly to the keyboard controller (Alesis Micron). The Volca Bass gets triggered, and then the sustain on that key gets stuck and hangs until I touch the Bass keyboard strip, which will work fine by itself. Sometimes it's a high pitched screech. The problem doesn't go away until I restart both the Volca and the Keyboard. Anyone else experience this? Is it a midi timing/sync problem? Any solutions? Perhaps it could be fixed with an update?

Last edited by Discom on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Discom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issue resolved: I found out it was my crappy midi interface causing the sustain hanging and screeching. I tested another usb midi interface and had no problems whatsoever with routing through the computer. I ordered a Midi upgrade; ESI M4U-XT 4x4 Midi Interface, hopefully it has super-low latency.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: