Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

feature request for Volca key and bass

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do people want to be able to control the decay and release independently of each other?
yes
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

dog01

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:01 am    Post subject: feature request for Volca key and bass Reply with quote

hey I would really like it if Korg could put out a firmware update for the above Volcas, making the decay and release two different midi cc numbers.

Or make it possible to switch between decay and release from the front panel. Maybe the user could hold down the function button when turning the decay and release knob, which would make the knob only affect release. It's not a big ask as two companies have all ready done this sort of thing, one being the Moog Minitaur, the other Dave Smith Mopho.

http://www.moogmusic.com/products/taurus/minitaur

Anyway it would greatly improve the sound capabilities in the volca Smile
Athlor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem with this idea is that the EG is believed to be hardware. The delay and LFO may be software and changeable with an update.
dog01

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi athlor i thought the volcas had firmware and that it was analog hardware control by onboard software. (firmware) and as the eg is already midi control is not possible to just add another cc number, more over how did moog achieve having the eg separately control after lunch when originally it the control by same knob, are you saying it is a limitation on the chip (in the volcas or question of memory, i just don't see why the eg being hardware means it can not be change with firmware when it already Digital control ie midi feel free to correct me on this if i am wrong regards dog01
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: