Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gettin audio into my daw

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redswan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Gettin audio into my daw Reply with quote

I have recently got all 3 volcas but having issues getting audio out and into my daw to record. Im using a zero 4 as my audio interface between my volcas and logic 9. Ive got midi routing out and into (my volca beats for example) and i can trigger notes from my piano roll though this only makes sounds come from the beats itself. I have tried both sync out and headphone for the audio out of the beats into channel 1 of my zero 4 but dont seem to be getting any audio out of my monitors or any audio lights coming from the channel on the mixer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off the only audio out of the volca is via the headphone jack so make sure you are going that way.
As for the rest, well if you plug headphone out into a stereo channel on the mixer & make sure youre volca's volume is up enough you should get a signal through the mixer.
Once you have established that part if there is still no sound from your monitors you need to check these things. 1. make sure the mixer output is turned up enough & 2. check you software settings & make sure you have selected the mixer's option as your daw input. Then make sure you are routing the sound out via the mixers soundcard too.

In theory it should work. I've never used a zero4 before but i'm guessing you have it installed correctly in your computer, the drivers etc.
redswan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep ive got audio in now thanks like u said into my line inputs. Thanks alot! Smile
redswan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got the audio in using a 1/8 jack to dual phono lead. Ive just ordered some 1/8 to 1/4 trs jacks as im guessing this will give me better sound quality coming in?
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see you will get any better sound quality via different connectors really (Although don't buy cheap rubbish low end ones) but i prefer 1/4" jacks rather than rca connectors. Also depends on what your mixer takes.
If you have your 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo jack out of the volca & into two (Left & right) mono jacks or rca's then that should all be fine.
The only quality improvements you can make in that department really is the quality of your cables throughout your system.
My connections for example are all on 1/4" mono jack & are unbalanced throughout.

Whatever works for you ! Good luck with it. Are you now getting sound through those monitors ?
redswan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I am getting audio out and also into logic, though im trying to rectify the audio levels as its coming into logic at a low level
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: