Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP ME PLEASE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldie1027

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: HELP ME PLEASE Reply with quote

I PLAY AN OLD YAMAHA UPRIGHT PIANO. I WANT TO GET A NEW KEYBOARD THAT I CAN USE WITH MY COMPUTER AND MAKE SONGSI AND RECORD THEM AND PLAY PIANO AND ADD OTHER INSTRUMENTS, OR PLAY ALONG WITH AN ITUNES SONG, WRITE A SONG USING SAMPLING FROM OTHER SONGS, LIKE RAPPERS DO, ETC.
SHOULD I GET AN ARRANGER OR SHOULD I GET A MICROSTATION. I WANT TO SPEND BETWEEN 300-400. WELL, I WANT WHICHEVER IS BETTER FOR ME.
ANY HELP I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE. ANSWER ME HERE OR EMAIL ME AT GOLDIE1027@COMCAST.NET.
THANK YOU.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think both user samples, but not sure (only about microstation).

Why are you using capitals only?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Goldie1027

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: please help me Reply with quote

WHAT'S THE BIG DEA; W/ CAPS? I FIND IT EASIER. Then I don't have to worry about the shift button, Anyhow, when I said about samples, I mean can I have an orchestra playing in the back and I'm playing the melody on piano, then I have a drum solo already recorded on my computer, can I record it in. Maybe it's all in what software I get. If I want to record my song, I would need some sort of recording s/w, right?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well actually one of the most popular kinds of keyboards allows you to construct complete songs on their own.
However most people still prefer to use a computer because the interfaces tend to be a little archaic.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are referring to sequence multiple instruments (on top of each other). You can do that with the sequencer mode of most Korg synths, having 16 instruments max.

However, a computer sequencer has more benefits, like a bigger screen etc.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Synthesizerplayer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

If you will use with the computer then the Microstation is ok as you will do sampling on the PC software. It also has combinations so you will have background music like styles in an arranger. It will give you more options

But if you need something more simple, then you can get an arranger that has USB midi

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: