Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need style I've overwritten in error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Need style I've overwritten in error Reply with quote

Hi guys. Can anyone send me the style that's listed in the Songbook as "B Jean is not" (or something like that) - can't think what the actual name of the style is.

Anyway, it's the style that fits 'Billie Jean is Not My Lover', the Michael Jackson song. It fits Billy Ocean's 'Caribbean Queen' quite well also Thanks.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Giner

I have it on my PA3X - it's called "70's Disco"
I used to use it on my i30 too.

Let me know if you can't find it and I may have a PA1X version somewhere....

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your efforts, but I checked out that "70s Disco" style on my i30 (yeah, I know, I'm a packrat Smile ), but that's not the one I'm looking for. I also tried a style called "Disco 70" I have on my Pa1Xpro - no joy there, either. This "B.Jean Is Not", as it's titled in the Songbook, has a more driving feel about it - it is a pretty song-specific style and if you can dig it out from somewhere in your collection, that'd be great.

I daresay the same style is on the Pa2X or Pa800, but then we run into the backwards-compatible thing, I guess.

So the appeal is still out there. If anyone has a Pa1X, I'd really appreciate if you could send that one style. I just wish I could remember the actual name of it Thanks a bunch, guys.
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
i checked my PA1X today - ther is no similar style on the key.
Do you remember the style group?
Did you use a special SET and a special Songbook?
cu
Detlef
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Detlef. I think this style I've lost must have been one that was added by the previous owner. I've tried to contact him, but he has since moved from where he lived, and the person there now has no idea where he moved to. End of the line, I guess. Bugger! Crying or Very sad We all know the moral of this story.

I do appreciate your and Pete's interest, though. Thanks guys.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found B Jean IS Not in the Songbook on my PA600. It uses a style called 70's Disco 2

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's interesting, Thoraldus. There is no style on the Pa1Xpro by the name of 70s Disco 2, but with that "B. Jean Is Not" being in my Songbook, it may well be what I'm looking for. I really can't remember if there ever was a 70s Disco 2 in my 1Xpro, but there is a 70s Disco in my User bank, but not, of course, the one I 'lost'.

I'm now wondering where the previous owner might have got that style from. I've had this board for four years, long before the Pa600 appeared.

Anyway, would you be so kind as to send that style over to me, if it'll work in a 1X? I can pm my regular e-mail address to you.

Thanks, Giner.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giner wrote:
Now that's interesting, Thoraldus. There is no style on the Pa1Xpro by the name of 70s Disco 2, but with that "B. Jean Is Not" being in my Songbook, it may well be what I'm looking for. I really can't remember if there ever was a 70s Disco 2 in my 1Xpro, but there is a 70s Disco in my User bank, but not, of course, the one I 'lost'.

I'm now wondering where the previous owner might have got that style from. I've had this board for four years, long before the Pa600 appeared.

Anyway, would you be so kind as to send that style over to me, if it'll work in a 1X? I can pm my regular e-mail address to you.

Thanks, Giner.

No problem. I'll put it up on my private server in a zip file for you. I'll send you a PM went I get it up there.

cheers,
Rick

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant! Thanks, man.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rick

Just wondering if your PA600 70's Disco 2" style will import OK to the PA1XPro.

Hi Giner

My other response above (re 70's Disco) is the style that came from my i-series. I use it for B.Jean as it has the actual solid bass line for that song.
Korg seem to confuse us with style names as we progress through the models!!!and I think there is another 70's dance/disco style too.

Anyhow, I hope Rick's style works for you and imports to the PA1X OK.

Let us know how you go.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete,

Yes, as I wondered in my earlier post, I'm hoping we don't run into the famous backward-compatibility thing with Korgs. The 70s Disco in my i30 would only sort of work for Billie Jean (it doesn't have the actual solid bass line you mention), but the one I had was a stone bonker for the song. So we'll see if the one from Rick's Pa600 is that actual style, or a re-voiced i-series job.

I'll let you know how I go on this once I get it into the Pa1Xpro. Hopefully, she goes in alright and doesn't mess anything up. Stay tuned.

Cheers, Giner.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giner wrote:
Hi Pete,

Yes, as I wondered in my earlier post, I'm hoping we don't run into the famous backward-compatibility thing with Korgs. The 70s Disco in my i30 would only sort of work for Billie Jean (it doesn't have the actual solid bass line you mention), but the one I had was a stone bonker for the song. So we'll see if the one from Rick's Pa600 is that actual style, or a re-voiced i-series job.

I'll let you know how I go on this once I get it into the Pa1Xpro. Hopefully, she goes in alright and doesn't mess anything up. Stay tuned.

Cheers, Giner.

I don't think the PA600 files are backward compatable come to think about it. However I could extract the style to MIDI. Lets try that route.

I'll be back in a few minutes. Just got home from being on the road.

OK, here we go. This zip file has both the SET (contains 70's Disco 2 style and 'B.Jean is Not' performance) as well as the extracted midi file for the style.

http://www.rickster.org/BJEAN_70DISCO2_SET.zip

cheers,
Rick

Johann Sebastian Bach

Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rick, thanks for sending the file. I listened to the midifile first just to check it out but, unfortunately, it's not the same as the one that I had originally. It sounds like a re-work of an older style that's already in my Pa1Xpro. I don't have the keyboard set up in the house at the moment, but I'll check it out later in the week and let you know what it's called in my board.

So the Pa600 Songbook labels that one as 'B.Jean is Not'. Wonder why? As Pete said, Korg seems to mess about willy-nilly with titles.

But, again, many thanks for your efforts - you, along with Pete, are on my Korg Forums hero list. Cool

Cheers, Giner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: