Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Space Engineers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Space Engineers Reply with quote

So, it's still in a paid alpha state, but recently I've been playing this:
http://www.spaceengineersgame.com/

I even installed windows on my macbook especially for it. Basically it looks like 'minecraft in space'. Although it's still heavily under development and currently lacks mining, multiplayer, weapons even or survival mode.

But even so, building massive spacecraft out of blocks and crashing them into asteroids/eachother is pretty fun and to me well worth my £11.

..Especially when compared to the massive blunder that appears to be X: Rebirth. Formerly one of my favourite series of games.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might also want to check out Kerbal Space Program
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did have a look but I felt it was a lot less serious?

I've come to find I don't particularly enjoy media (music, film, games, etc) that are too 'silly'.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the look of it isn't very serious, but its not really a game, more of a simulation. The idea is you actually develop and fine tune a civilization's space program - from rockets to orbiting spacecraft to rovers. The physics and mechanics are all apparently very realistic. You can do almost whatever you want, explore a small solar system, build and test different craft - theres no rules or winning in it.

I haven't tried it yet - waiting for a Steam sale before I get it. But I've looked at videos and reviews and it looks really interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: