Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Slider Caps
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dream77

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Kronos Slider Caps Reply with quote

Hi everyone.. New member, these forums are packed with some great information.

I bought a Kronos X88 and it's missing 3 slider caps, they are the slider caps on the left side of the main panel, there are 10 of them total.

Called Korg parts dealers and also GC where I bought it and have had no luck getting a replacement. Everyone says they are discontinued.

Does anyone have any ideas where I can get them?

Thanks
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Slider Caps Reply with quote

Dream77 wrote:

I bought a Kronos X88 and it's missing 3 slider caps, they are the slider caps on the left side of the main panel, there are 10 of them total.

Called Korg parts dealers and also GC where I bought it and have had no luck getting a replacement. Everyone says they are discontinued.

Thanks

If you recently bought it and it came that way, take it back and buy another. You shouldn't have to deal with that.

BUT

Those sliders should be EASILY available. If this was a used purchase or you lost them, you should be able to get them from Parts Is Parts. if not, slider caps are pretty easy to come by. And since they are cheap, you can replace them all so they match.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Slider Caps Reply with quote

Dream77 wrote:

Thanks

Since the KRONOS 2 uses the same ones, it seems pretty unlikely that they are discontinued.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
danatkorg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Slider Caps Reply with quote

Dream77 wrote:
Called Korg parts dealers

Who, specifically?
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like the look of mine, so I replaced them with the little gray sliders from my old Behringer mixer. As long as you match up the hole on the bottom, it should be easy to find workable replacements on eBay.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Slider Caps Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:

Since the KRONOS 2 uses the same ones, it seems pretty unlikely that they are discontinued.

Correct. Korg has simply changed the part number due to the new model. The number for the Kronos and Kronos X was 500620049736 (slide pot). I'm sure the replacement number will surface shortly as the new models are now arriving at the stores.
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
Dream77

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos Slider Caps Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
Dream77 wrote:

Who, specifically?

Thanks Dan, I tried Parts is Parts, Syntaur, Guitar Center and no luck. I can't believe I can't get three of these somewhere. I was told they are discontinued. They also said they have no parts list for the new Kronos2 so there is no way to get them.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks for all the replies.
djcactus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a Kronos slider but are these compatible?

https://store.djtechtools.com/products/chroma-caps-knobs-and-faders

danatkorg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Slider Caps Reply with quote

Dream77 wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
Dream77 wrote:

Who, specifically?

Thanks Dan, I tried Parts is Parts, Syntaur, Guitar Center and no luck. I can't believe I can't get three of these somewhere. I was told they are discontinued. They also said they have no parts list for the new Kronos2 so there is no way to get them.

I appreciate any help.

If you're in the US, try calling Korg USA directly.
Dream77

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos Slider Caps Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
Dream77 wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
Dream77 wrote:

Who, specifically?

I appreciate any help.

If you're in the US, try calling Korg USA directly.

Thanks Dan. I am in the US and will try this week. Thanks for all your help.
Dream77

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contacted Korg. They are checking with Korg Service about the Slider Caps.
MusicLive

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:54 am    Post subject: Slider Caps Reply with quote

Try looking here if the link is allowed?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R1.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.Xslider+knobs.TRS0&_nkw=slider+knobs&ghostText=&_sacat=0

Regards,

MC
Dream77

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. Thanks!
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djcactus wrote:
not a Kronos slider but are these compatible?

https://store.djtechtools.com/products/chroma-caps-knobs-and-faders

I had a conversation with one of their reps today and it looks like they SHOULD fit. I went ahead and ordered a set of replacement knobs and sliders for my Kronos. They have glow-in-the-dark ones which are perfect for what I need onstage.

I'll report back if they fit or not. The rep said they have a full money back guarantee if they don't fit.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
The J-Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ This is awesome.

Thanks for letting us know how it goes. I think replacing the knobs and sliders with colored ones would be awesome.

Could you also let us know which part numbers to order? I've looked on their site and they have a few different sized knobs, and I'd hate to order the wrong ones.

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: