Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG KROSS patch settings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justineponcedeleon16

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: KORG KROSS patch settings Reply with quote

Hi guys! Can anyone help me with the settings for kross patch sounds. I cant figure out which is which. Thanks guys! Ur help is much appreciated!
tommymandel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of hard to understand what you are asking.. Question
tommymandel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

press Program button
press Page+ button
change some of those numbers-
that will give you some ways to tweak the Program you've got selected.

if you just want to try the different Programs to see what their sounds are, maybe you should take a look at the book Idea

Or else start turning the biggest 3 rotary knobs and see what happens!
Justineponcedeleon16

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean i dont know anything about the velocity, cutoff and everything so my keyboard doesnt sound that good. Lol any suggestions guys? Smile
tommymandel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you revisit the store you bought it at, for a hands on lesson with the salesman who sold it to you? You must have liked the sounds in the store, right? Or did you buy it online?
Justineponcedeleon16

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought it cause i thought it would be better than the x50. N
Bcuz my choices were x50 kross or ps60. I dont really need a keyboard for recording, i would often use it for live performance , since im in a variety genre, i thought it would be good bcuz its a synth and workstation at the same time. Plus the reviews were very good.. Just a follow up question, do u think kross is better than the x50? Because
If not im willing to sell it for an x50. Thanks for ur advice in advance! Smile
tommymandel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know for sure. I never had an X50, but I think that X50 is based on older Korg sound-creating technology. You might just prefer 'that X50 sound', or else you might not have found the sounds on the Kross that match or top it yet.

There's also the issue of how the keyboard 'feels' itself - do you have a preference between the way your X50 felt, vs. the feel of the Kross' keyboard? Again, that could depend somewhat on the sound you have chosen from the hundreds available....

I took my Kross to a gig last night downtown at a rock club, and the organs were very full and intense sounding, especially a few that I edited, to start full-bodied but without a lot of treble, and then by rolling the Mod Wheel (the big control wheel closer to the keyboard bed) away from me, I could bring in the more treble organ tonality, to get just the right blend for the situation. I don't know if you use organ sounds as part of your performance, but if you do, look for sounds in the organ category, with the word "Drawbars" or the letters MW - they will do similar things.

I put the left output through the house PA - which came up in monitors on stage too, and the other channel directly into my amp, so I could better control the amount of 'me' I was hearing (with my amp's master volume knob.) That won't work well with EP sounds with built-in Tremelo or Panning effects, (because you will most likely hear too much throbbing of your EP sound unless the levels of the PA and your amp are perfectly balanced where you are on stage) but for the Organs, it was pretty cool! I only wish I had learned the dude's songs a little better...
tommymandel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS. do you have the 88-key version of the Kross, and are you using it mostly as a Piano substitute in your act? If you're using it live, the only reason to have a workstation keyboard, is if you were to bring your songs to the gig on the workstation's Sequencer, and you would just play along with them in your performance on an extra sound (track) like a Piano.
BUT the Kross also can have your microphone plug into it, and give you some very cool vocal effects, if that's what you're interested in. Check out this cool youtube video of Steve McNally playing the Kross. Start at :44 seconds...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDbR7i3CtUk
Justineponcedeleon16

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im using 61 version brother Smile now i wish i just bought x50 Sad i think it has cooler epiano (especially rhodes which i think kross doesnt have right?) better brass sounds and normal piano with strings. I dont know im really feeling bad now. Lol or maybe i just dont know how to fix my settings, anyways can u give me ur epiano and piano settings so i can set mine and see what happens. Only if its not too much trouble Smile
tommymandel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand when you say the Kross doesn't have a rhodes electric piano. There is a whole E Piano category and the first 16 sounds (Programs) in that category are Fender Rhodes Electronic Piano sounds.

Maybe you don't like 'em, but if you can't find them, that's a problem Cool

I don't have an X50 to compare them to, but I think you could probably swap your Kross for one, since the Kross is the 'cool new kid on the block' and has trade in value because of that fact.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: