Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PROBLEM WITH KORG KROSS.. Need help guys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justineponcedeleon16

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: PROBLEM WITH KORG KROSS.. Need help guys Reply with quote

Hi guys. Im having trouble with my new kross. Its like its sounding kinda awkward. The brass in the x50 was eay better (i think) and so is the e.piano (rhodes). I dont know if its sounding not good because of my headset or what. I wanted modulation for the brass and a really cool rhodes sounds which i cant find here. Plus is this a good keyboard for live gigging? Or just a keyboard which u use at home Sad need ur help guys!!!
tommymandel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that some of the sounds that sounded so-so at home, ended up being the most butt-kicking at gigs. Like for brass - Tight Brass worked surprisingly well, when played staccato with attention to precise execution. I'm still trying different Rhodes strategies with my Kross, but audiences and the bands I play with seem to like whichever ones I'm using. There are certainly a lot of them.
But it is an individual 'taste' thing - maybe you'll never like yours. I suggest trying it (not just through headphones...) through different amps, through your recording system/DAW, through some PA's if possible - to see where it really shines.
Justineponcedeleon16

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow i was really surprised with your reply! Maybe it was because of my soundsystem thats why its sounding kinda crappy. But thank u i will try that one! Smile cheers
tommymandel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used mine today also, at a Recording Studio, it used to be called The Hit Factory, but Gibson (guitars) bought it and now it's called Gibson. One side went into the mixer, and the other into a brand new Powered Wedge (not mine, the studio's.) Everyone thought it was pretty great sounding. I found 2 organs I really liked. An electric piano edit of the first Program in the EP's bank also sounded world-class, in my opinion. We listened to some of its pianos (thru the same groovey system) and the client liked Kross Piano (the first Program in the Pianos bank).
I would say also check your cables, maybe one side is coming back out of phase, but you said that the sound in headphones was disappointing, so that wouldn't be the cables. Unless your headphones cable is messed up a little?
studio99

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had initial problems with mine with a specific set of headphones. After trying a different set I was very pleased.
Playing mine thru a humble Roland KC110 and it sounds awesome to me ( but maybe I'm EZ)
tommymandel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

studio99 wrote:
I had initial problems with mine with a specific set of headphones. After trying a different set I was very pleased.
Playing mine thru a humble Roland KC110 and it sounds awesome to me ( but maybe I'm EZ)

Yes!
Justineponcedeleon16

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks for ur feedback guys! Lets see when i get new set of headphones maybe it will be better. By the way anyone know a good set of headphones for instruments?
Vanni Pichay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi :) try to use a stereo output(left and right) or use the headphone jack output to your speaker most of the patch sounds more better when use in stereo than mono(right only) hope this would help you :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: