Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KROMOS - Krome to Kronos Converter Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KROMOS now updated to V0.71 (this is a non-critical update):

[Link is now in my signature]

V0.70 (11/7/2013)
- [ADDED] Checkbox to toggle on/off Source DataGrid Parameters not used in Conversion to Target (due to reserved status or no equivalent Target Parameter)
Use sparingly since it drastically slows the Data Grid load times!

New Screen Shot (Elements highlighted in red on left data grid will not be converted to Kronos):
korglegend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunriser111671 Why you dont uplaod M1 programs from Krome(Converted to Kronos)?Those are preload factory programs and we can tried in Kronos.Thanks
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korglegend wrote:
sunriser111671 Why you dont uplaod M1 programs from Krome(Converted to Kronos)?Those are preload factory programs and we can tried in Kronos.Thanks

Why not do it yourself? That is partially why this software was created! As I mentioned, you can find a LOT of the M1 samples in the WaveStation area of the Kronos ROM.

I have an actual M1, but I won't distribute any samples from it because of the "gray area" mentioned on this with copyright and all...

Of course, you could get the M1 LE software from Korg and then sample the needed multisamples yourself using Extreme Sample Converter or equivalent software. Good luck!
korglegend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunriser111671 wrote:
korglegend wrote:

Why not do it yourself? That is partially why this software was created! As I mentioned, you can find a LOT of the M1 samples in the WaveStation area of the Kronos ROM.

I have an actual M1, but I won't distribute any samples from it because of the "gray area" mentioned on this with copyright and all...

Of course, you could get the M1 LE software from Korg and then sample the needed multisamples yourself using Extreme Sample Converter or equivalent software. Good luck!

Not be said to share M1 samples but programs originaly converted from M1 to Kronos.I used the software and convert the M1 Krome sounds in the Kronos but they do not sound even close also with sowftare because the wafeforms (wavestation) in Kronos are not like origjinal M1.For that i said that maybe you had converted originaly like M1 but its hard.

Examples:
E.Piano4http://www.synthmania.com/Korg%20M1/Audio/Factory%20preset%20examples/Programs/51%20E.Piano4.mp3
E.Piano1http://www.synthmania.com/Korg%20M1/Audio/Factory%20preset%20examples/Programs/11%20E.Piano1.mp3

For example how can these to EP sound like M1 in Kronos?
david130653

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URLs to this software have all disappeared. Just getting 404 Not Found messages.

Is this a dead duck or has the URL switched to somewhere else?
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies. I have sold my Kronos recently and I'm not doing any further development on the software, but it should work for Program conversion. The new link is:

http://www.flexmediasoftware.com/flexmediasoftware/KROMOS070Setup.exe

Enjoy!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing ... sorry to hear you sold your Kronos.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest link to software:

http://bakyardsoft.com/bakyard/KROMOS070Setup.exe
MacBad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for refreshing the link and the quick mail answer.

Regards,
Frank
deanchristman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject: kronos to krome Reply with quote

any update on this old post? I am definitely interested, as I own both Krome and kronos
timg11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kromeheaven wrote:

So, what about a Triton to Kronos (or Krome Smile ) converter?
In fact, if I had the PCG specifications , I would develop Triton to Krome converter...
Thank you,
Cyph

Cyph,
You don't have to have PCG specifications - everything you need to know is documented in the Sysex MIDI implementation guides and Parameter Guide definitions for both instruments.

I put a lot of effort into Triton Studio to Kronos conversion when I first bought the Kronos. I was successful in creating a Triton to Kronos Combi converter, which helped me a lot. It is integrated into my SysexFiler program. Since I wanted to retire the Triton and use the Kronos exclusively, I just found Kronos programs that were versions of the Triton programs, or were "good enough". For some, I had to re-create on the Kronos. I was unable to find the time to finish the Program part of the converter, and eventually had just "moved on" with the Kronos out of necessity. Although the Triton engine seems similar to the HD-1 at first glance, there are so many exceptions and variations at the detail level that the software effort is immense. I agree it would be great to have such a conversion, but be aware of the difficulty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: