Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxCDxx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

April 2014 14th

Last edited by xxCDxx on Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
xxCDxx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

April 2014 14th

Last edited by xxCDxx on Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do not think there is anything the M1 does tat you can not already do on the Kronos. In face the M1 is a pretty small subset of the Kronos features. So to program M1 sounds you theoretically only need to limit yourself to using certain parameters and configurations, stick to HD1 and use only the relevant samples (There are many there. The wavestation samples all included in ROM may be a good place to start). perhaps use a carefully tuned decimator if you really want to alter the output character.

Personally I wouldn't want 20 different sound engines that do very similar things (HD1, EDS, HI, Access, through to M1, they are all subtractive rom/samplers). Rather, each one should bring something different to the device. e.g. an additive/fourier synth similar to Kawai K5000 would bring something new to Kronos. As would brass physical modelling, or something to emulate divide-down octave paraphonic vintage string synths.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dual pitch EGs, apparently. But I agree completely, I would be supremely uninterested in more rompler engines, even if I would like some patch conversion tools.
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg could. no question. But would they?

Kronoscopie, tout sur le Kronos en français

http://www.kronoscopie.fr
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francois wrote:
Korg could. no question. But would they?

It's highly possible. They just released them for the KROME. In the past they did the same for the Trinity too.

Regards
Sharp.
vladsu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When?☺
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
I really do not think there is anything the M1 does tat you can not already do on the Kronos. In face the M1 is a pretty small subset of the Kronos features. So to program M1 sounds you theoretically only need to limit yourself to using certain parameters and configurations, stick to HD1 and use only the relevant samples (There are many there. The wavestation samples all included in ROM may be a good place to start). perhaps use a carefully tuned decimator if you really want to alter the output character.

Personally I wouldn't want 20 different sound engines that do very similar things (HD1, EDS, HI, Access, through to M1, they are all subtractive rom/samplers). Rather, each one should bring something different to the device. e.g. an additive/fourier synth similar to Kawai K5000 would bring something new to Kronos. As would brass physical modelling, or something to emulate divide-down octave paraphonic vintage string synths.

Got to agree, would like to see new sound engines that work differently. The one subtractive synth engine I would like to see would be a modular synth.
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
Vangelismusic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRONOS supposedly is an open system so why couldn't you add more engines? M1 if it was 100% like the real synth would be good,I, and many others that I know have a lot of custom patches to load and I still see a few of my fellow musicians working with an M1 along with a newer synth.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who told you Kronos is an open system?
Vangelismusic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assumed it replaced the OAYSYS? Why wouldn't it be open? when KORG or any other company advertize open system, it's just a gimmick to sell more, as long as you can update the OS, wouldn't that be an open system?
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Kronos comes from Oasys, I don't think it was ever itself marketed as "open", apart from its sampling engine. In fact, if I recall correctly, they actively tried to avoid obvious associations with Oasys and its open architecture.

I don't know the exact amount of software engineering that went into the change from Oasys OS to Kronos OS, or how that may have affected future expandability, but it would seem safe to say that Korg has shown no intentions whatsoever to develop new engines for Kronos, two and a half years after its launch. I would really like some, to be sure. But that concept has never been part of any Kronos marketing that I have seen.
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be interested in my software I'm developing to do automated M1 parameter conversion to Kronos:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=84349

Razz
Kenny59

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Korg could release M1 wavs as an EXs or M1 as an EXi Reply with quote

I totally agree. Why can't Korg be a good sport and release the same sounds that the converted for the Krome for the Kronos. I had a Korg T3 for many years and finally parted with it when a local sound company offered me more than I thought it was worth and was impossible to pass up the money. Before that, I've rented the T3 numerous times and it was played by some of the best in the business. Sometimes I was lucky enough that the keyboard tech even forgot to get rid of the artist's personal patches and combis. Anyway, I take the money and buy the Kronos, the flagship of Korg. Make no mistake, I love this board, although it is somewhat deep compared to the T3 and some of the other keyboards I own. (Roland XP-60, Yamaha Motif ES and XS, Kurz 2600, and others) I've upgraded my Kronos for which I am happy. Now comes the Krome, which I appreciate to be a dressed down Kronos containing somewhat of the same sound engine. Now I and others are asking Korg to please make the same sounds available for the Kronos. I viewed the Krome video on this site and heard the M1 sounds and loved what I heard, especially the Brass Section, which I used for many years in local bands. I personally was a big fan of the Brass Sounds and the Sax Sounds and my bandmates wish that I would return to using my Korg T3 although I don't have the heart to tell them that I sold it for my Kronos. To the manufacturer of Korg, please make the M1 sounds available for the Kronos as you did for the Krome. There are several members of this forum attempting to make editors to perform such a task and I credit their tenacity in doing so, but save everyone a whole bunch of time and please release what you did for the Krome for the Kronos and you will make a whole bunch of your customers happy. You have the tools and the technical know how to achieve this. Most of us are end users and although I do program my Kronos patches and combis to fit my needs, this is way above my head. Thank you for taking the time to read this and making an awesome keyboard named "KRONOS".
Kenny
Vangelismusic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny, I would also like to have the M1 sounds, but I also have many custom that I have in which I want to convert, hopefully the converters will work some day, and I would like to thank all the programmers that are involved in these projects.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: