Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Checksum error
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yggdrassill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Checksum error Reply with quote

I have a couple questions. First, I'm getting a SYNTH: checksum error on bootup rendering my Radias unusable. Has anyone found a fix for this issue? My other question is in regards to a cmos battery. Does the Radias contain one? I thought if it does and its bad, then perhaps it would be related to the checksum error.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it contains a CMOS battery because it has no date/time clock and since the advent of faster flash technology, battery-backed RAM has not really been used for patch storage.

It sounds like you have a ROM corruption issue though.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Yggdrassill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to reinstall the OS, but that didn't help. What are the other two abbreviations USR and PCM in Verup mode? Perhaps they need a reinstallation, but I cant find any other software updates.
michu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yggdrassill wrote:
I was able to reinstall the OS, but that didn't help. What are the other two abbreviations USR and PCM in Verup mode? Perhaps they need a reinstallation, but I cant find any other software updates.

Hi

I have similar issue with my Radias. The checksum error comes up when DRUM module is loaded. I have question to you since you mention about reinstallation of OS. After you did the reinstallation, does checksum error come in the same moment of loading or it started coming now sooner (or later ) in the booting process?

Chris
Yggdrassill

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the error at the same time as I did before the OS reinstall. When the loading bar beneath the RADIAS logo reaches 100%.
michu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yggdrassill wrote:

Korg Forum download section provides something like this:

R3 Programs
The factory programs of the R3 converted by Darren Richards using his R3->Radias conversion software. Open the RDL files using the Editor/Librarian software that comes with the Radias.

http://www.korgforums.com/support/radias.htm

http://www.korgforums.com/support/radias/r3_radias_cvt.zip

Not sure but maybe this something you are looking for ?

Last edited by michu on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 9 times in total
michu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know the answer ?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's definitely not it.

Still sounds like some of the ROM data is corrupted but I don't think that those files are publicly available. They were probably never updated in any firmware release.

Really, this is beyond what can be repaired by the user, and you should contact Korg or any other qualified service centre. This is only an unofficial user discussion forum.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
michu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Authorized Korg repair service diagnose is to replace CPU board for price greater then complete and working unit! No core price offered for old CPU PCB, which (in my opinion) can be easily repaired by somebody having access to factory ROM files or pre-programmed ROM chip. Assuming that problem is a hardware failure what really can be damaged for a failure like this ? ROM, RAM chip. Maybe (worst case scenario) some cold solder joints on PCB or any other less discrete elements . These are not failures that cannot be diagnosed and fixed by auth. repair service... In general there is nothing that explains such act of ignorance for Korg customers. This is really sucks.

Are other Korg synths so poorly serviced as well ?
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2015 and I'm still looking for a solution.

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
michu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on it. Wish me luck !
Master_E

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michu wrote:
I'm working on it. Wish me luck !

Did anything ever come out of this work?
michu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Korg has been repaired. Flash memory chip replaced with preprogrammed factory firmware. Let me know if help needed.
robotunes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="michu"]Yes, Korg has been repaired. Flash memory chip replaced with preprogrammed factory firmware. Let me know if help needed.[/quote]

How did you replace the flash chip? What part did you use? Did you replace it yourself or did you take it to a repair shop? Thank you.
Master_E

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michu wrote:
Yes, Korg has been repaired. Flash memory chip replaced with preprogrammed factory firmware. Let me know if help needed.

WHAT?! Korg told me that there was nothing they could do about it, even from a software side! How did you convince them to do... anything?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: