Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OB Filter TEST PAD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jazzybear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: OB Filter TEST PAD Reply with quote

My first pad on the king korg, love the filters...there is no external processing besides a limiter just all KING and only one timbre

https://soundcloud.com/frood/padkingkorg

Wink
dukesjourney

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet...thanks for sharing. Smile
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work! There's a lot of movement and character to that pad. Seems like KingKorg is a real contender as a VA and compares favorably to Virus, etc., and even Kronos and AL-1!
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
jazzybear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!! I've only had the king for a week so only scratching the surface... When sitting down to make a patch the hrs just disappear......Smile
I hav the VirusTI2 as well and think the KK will compliment it nicely I just can't say enough about the filters on the KK they really blow me away when I close my eyes it doesn't sound like a VA and the tube just warms everything up...Wink
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzybear wrote:
Thanks!! I've only had the king for a week so only scratching the surface... When sitting down to make a patch the hrs just disappear......Smile
I hav the VirusTI2 as well and think the KK will compliment it nicely I just can't say enough about the filters on the KK they really blow me away when I close my eyes it doesn't sound like a VA and the tube just warms everything up...Wink

Hi Jazzybear,
I'm curious about the tube. I understand its function, but I am curious about two things and if you or someone could answer I would really appreciate it. This synth looks like fun and at the price, I might just pick one up.

First, can this tube withstand, that is, is it seated firmly for transporting.
Second, is it a tube that is easily replaceable?

I'm still getting used to weird things here like the fact that unlike America, most shops are specialty shops and a replacement tube may or may not be an easy thing to replace. Many have commented that the tube is not necessary for creating great patches but that is does as you write, really warm up the sound giving a more "vintage" feel."

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Vlad
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
jazzybear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tube looks pretty solid, the tip is embedded into (but not touching) foam to stop it moving to far and absorb shocks, but it's also on the end, not the middle so if ya gonna drop the thing,(or bang it into walls) it's prob more likely to be on one of the ends...i think only time will tell to see how it holds up to gigging and bumps/knocks etc

As to replacing.... it's directly below the faceplate so if ya get that off your there and theres plenty of room around the tube to wrk with.
I do find that i make patches without it then when going to record just put a little or a lot on Very Happy trying to keep it at a little LOL

When i first got KK and went through the factorys i was like....oh NO!!...But when i started making patches and learning the filters it quickly changed to this things AWESOME!!...

Like i've read it def does hav it's own sound and the best thing about it is it's FUN to create sounds with..... Hope this helps..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: