Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any PC gamers out there?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Any PC gamers out there? Reply with quote

So, I don't know if anyone plays games on their PC but if they do then you should check out the latest Humble Bundle provided by Origin and EA games.

If you've not heard of these before, basically they allow you to pay what you want for a selection of games and all the money goes to charity.

EA and Origin have come up with an amazing bundle of 6 games that you can get for a minimum of $1 for all 6.

They are

Dead Space
Dead Space 3
Burnout - Paradise
Crisis 2
Mirror's edge
Medal of Honor

Then, if you are willing to pay above the average of what everyone else is paying (Currently $4.82), then you can also get Battlefield 3 and the Sims 3 starter pack.

I bought one bundle for me and one bundle for my nephew. I paid around £10 for the both but could have got them for around £6 for both sets if I had only paid the minimum.

What a great deal!

Here's the link

https://www.humblebundle.com/
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ 1 darn good offer...!!!

Regards
Sharp.
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´ve been playing War Thunder a lot lately. A fun WW2 flying game.
It´s free, but can get expensive if you want to level up fast Embarassed

It´s still an open beta game and has only airplanes mode thus far.
The developers will make Army & Fleet available aswell in the future.

http://warthunder.com/

Teaser video: http://youtu.be/6CTnSM4ebP0
EDIT: http://youtu.be/0sfA-NsbzJY

Last edited by Pecca on Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got Europa Universalis 4....amazing game...truly amazing. Anyone who's into strategy, history, or checking out a sandbox alternate history sim should get this. Only problem is its really addictive....
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veteran PC gamer here. I thought I would mention something known as the Humble Bundle. What it does is similar to Origin BUT, it allows you to actually donate all or part of the price you pay to charity.

As to what I am playing lately:

http://en.spaceengine.org/ (This isn't a "game" as yet, but, please do give it a look? It is one of the most spectacular programs I have ever encountered. It is simply breathtaking. And no, I am not the "Vlad" designing it it. Smile )

Also,

Guild Wars 2
Crusader Kings III
Torchlight II
Pioneer (a freeware remake of Frontier First Encounters)
Eador: Masters of the Broken World
Neverwinter Online
Neverwinter Nights I and II offline
Aarklash Legacy
GODUS (Peter Molyneux's new "god" game. It's in early Beta but looks VERY promising).

I want to sign up for War Thunder as well. I hear that the game is a blast!
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
John Hendry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Someone got the name right.... Reply with quote

After waiting for Duke Nukum Forever and building 3 new game machines while waiting during the duration so I'd be ready I guess I just gave up on gaming out of frustration. I really liked playing Duke Nukum with the computers hooked together and was hoping it'd get better. But I'll likely get the new Playstation 4 when it comes out if no issues are reported. Never heard of any of those games but I know of one "game" in 3D that's better than any other I've ever played that came out 3 months ago and costs $70. The technology allowing it is absolutely amazing.

I've been collecting notes on it as I learn about a few required issues so maybe I'll do a post on it later. But be warned its addicting and upgrades can get expensive. And when you lose you really lose and feel it..... very exciting and almost too much fun as far as time goes.
Snowqueen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

World of Warcraft is my other escapism! And the Final Fantasy series (awesome soundtrack with FF). I'm told a lot of the new content on WoW is very like Guild Wars, I'll have to give that a look sometime. Smile
DaniH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently playing SWTOR and liking it. It gets a lot of bad reviews from people, but I find great. A nice sequel to the original KOTOR series.
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing that Patty. I don't game myself but my son does and he was very glad that I passed your information on to him. He just built his own gaming computer last week , all he needs now is a solid state hard drive to replace the one he swapped out of his previous computer . I was surprised at just how simple it was to put one together although he did get a lot of advice on the web prior to ordering from newegg.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csteen wrote:
I was surprised at just how simple it was to put one together although he did get a lot of advice on the web prior to ordering from newegg.

Yes, it's much easier than it was in the past (ten years ago or so). Smile As long as you pick a good quality compatible motherboard, CPU and RAM trio, which is easy thesedays, you can then almost throw anything else in with it that you want.

It's gone the other way a little - you're so spoilt for choice when buying, it's often harder to decide between component preferences, rather than worry over compatibility issues as in the past.
Synthesizerplayer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I sold my Xbox to buy gear. Very Happy
But I did complete Dead space 1 and 2, Resident evil 5, BioShock on it
Surprised

Now I prefer to spend time learning to play music

Regards
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVcx_qnevEk

It show the difference between PC Highest and Lowest setting, PS3 and XBOX in Crysis 3.

lol.... PC totally wins, even on it's lowest settings.

Regards
Sharp.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Found this interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVcx_qnevEk

It show the difference between PC Highest and Lowest setting, PS3 and XBOX in Crysis 3.

lol.... PC totally wins, even on it's lowest settings.

Regards
Sharp.

Mmm, I don't have any console (only PC) but surely the PS3 video feed hasn't been captured correctly (incorrect resolution, frame rate, lossy codec, etc.)? I find it tough to believe it would be so blurry in the flesh. It's almost unwatchable.

I think the PC settings seem clearer due to having fewer visual effects 'obscuring' the view in order to render them quicker.

You can see the minimum PC setting has largely reduced or disabled depth of field, global fog, light bloom, light rays, focal blur and much of the smoke/dust/cloud particle effects of the PC max and consoles, which would naturally make the view visibly "clearer" than those that are capable of them. The other massive difference is the console videos appears to make use of heavy ambient occlusion and many dynamic lights inside the scene to highlight shadow detail to how we would actually see the world naturally, similar to an HDR effect, where both PC max/min videos don't.

However even though the 360 to me looks the most 'natural', I do prefer the PC max setting, even if it is unnaturally sharp and defined. Feels like it takes a dump on the other three. The overly heavy use of so many effects on the consoles - particularly the blur depth - feel like they over-egged the pudding somewhat. Just because the devices are capable of generating and rendering the effects doesn't mean the devs have to use them all! Too many chefs...

Me? I still play the multiplayer Wolfenstein Enemy Territory a lot, released for free in 2003. Old skool. The graphics are are little long in the tooth now (quake 3 engine), but the playability is off the scale.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a little confession to make. I bought a fully maxed out Alienware 18 so at this stage I can honestly say that the video doesn't do the PC any justice. YouTube encoding is killing a lot of the resolution. Probably killing the Console videos a bit too.

Crysis 3 set to Ultra on the Alienware looks *&$%ing awesome.

Regards
Sharp.
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
I have a little confession to make. I bought a fully maxed out Alienware 18 so at this stage I can honestly say that the video doesn't do the PC any justice. YouTube encoding is killing a lot of the resolution. Probably killing the Console videos a bit too.

Crysis 3 set to Ultra on the Alienware looks *&$%ing awesome.

Regards
Sharp.

Nice. I had a look at the Alienware laptops when I was looking for a new one last year. Great laptops but a bit out of my price range. I ended up buying a nice Asus one and swapping out the hard drive for an SSD and ended up with a fairly decent gaming laptop. Plus it had Windows 7 on it which was pretty much the deciding factor for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: