Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any plan to add new User Banks?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rs.felicio
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Any plan to add new User Banks? Reply with quote

Hello Guys (Especially for Korg).

After version 2.0, our options to create or buy new progs and combis (free or not) have greatly increased. So, there are any plans to add new User Banks (Progs and Combis)?

On this subject, just one simple suggestion...

I think that would be important and really a great differential if we could (as a Kronos users) get some information about the main plans for future SOs.

I work for a software company and often we analyze the "Wish List + improvements and reported bugs" and we publish to our users a "road map"..... just plans, no promises, no dates, no confidential information or related to market intelligence

Just a way to say to the users:
1 - We hear you!!
2 - The future for our product should be ....
3 - Keep loyal to our brand and our product...

I know that in some moments this process it can create speculation, but otherwise, think that would be really great for us and for the new "customers".

So, just a humble opinion.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I don't know HOW different software companies and their customers are... but here on Korg Forums (and others keyboard companies too) these guys eat people alive when they are "expecting" something...

it seems much safer for them to keep a secret and then just surprise us with stuff.

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Any plan to add new User Banks? Reply with quote

rs.felicio wrote:
Hello Guys (Especially for Korg).

After version 2.0, our options to create or buy new progs and combis (free or not) have greatly increased. So, there are any plans to add new User Banks (Progs and Combis)?

On this subject, just one simple suggestion...

I think that would be important and really a great differential if we could (as a Kronos users) get some information about the main plans for future SOs.

I work for a software company and often we analyze the "Wish List + improvements and reported bugs" and we publish to our users a "road map"..... just plans, no promises, no dates, no confidential information or related to market intelligence

Just a way to say to the users:
1 - We hear you!!
2 - The future for our product should be ....
3 - Keep loyal to our brand and our product...

I know that in some moments this process it can create speculation, but otherwise, think that would be really great for us and for the new "customers".

So, just a humble opinion.

best you can do is sign up for OS bug testing. Korg looks for users at times.
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Korg has been splendid thus far with support! They've released Krome of course and the KingKorg (BAAAAD name, sorry) but I am seeing more Kronoi (is that the plural?) on the stages of MAJOR acts and I am pretty confident that Korg will continue to enhance this monster keyboard.

That said, and no I am not turning this into a Kurzweil propaganda fest, but, of the big four, Kurzweil seems to be the best in terms of product support. They are a small company yet released Kore 64 this year adding even greater dimension to the PC3 and PC3K series. Compare to Roland who essentially abandoned the Fantom G although to their credit they have made some nice additions to the Jupiter 80.

All of that said, I wish that Korg would offer support for OASYS owners. They made a huge investment and they were left to hang. And I thank OASYS owners for all of their help with we Kronos newbies and as a thank you for helping, Korg really should offer Kronos enhancements to them.

Best,
Vlad
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
MoonMusic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I filled all my sound banks with free sounds from here - http://korgpatches.com/patches/kronos/
Good Luck.....moon
DAW - Protools 9 - HD3 Accel
Plugs - All Spectrasonics,Steve Slate Drums 4.0,Slate Trigger,NI Komplete 9 Ultimate,Korg Legacy,Melodyne 3,Evo Autotune,HD3 Pack,Liquid Mix, Eleven, Ample Sound Guitars
Mics - Audio Technica 4033sm, Apogee mic, several Shure SM-57s, 2- Beta 52, 2- AT 3031, 2- Samson CO2
Other - V-Drums, DW Drums, Zildjian A Customs, Muse Research Qu4ttro, Open Labs Miko Timbaland Edition
Bugra Ekuklu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking for how to add new banks, ATM. I think it is due to MIDI program changing via external device, considering Kronos as master keyboard. I need more sound banks, I don't want to overwrite factory patches either. Every song means new program (sometimes 2-3-...- once I did 8 Laughing ), sometimes new combi. I have enough location for combis, even though nowadays I'm planning to change all my live play programs to combis to use piano from an external keyboard, if I want. However this is absolutely not a solution to create space for new programs, you know you have to keep programs to use them in combis.

Is there a chance to save bank file therefore I can have more space?

Buğra
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my user banks are full....so I wont purchase anymore new sounds created for the Kronos. I don't wish to subtract sounds to get new sounds in...I wish they would come up with a way to add new sound banks.
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
AdDeRoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billysynth1 wrote:
All my user banks are full....

That said, is there a limit of the number of User Sample Banks that the Kronos can handle (obviously when you stay inside the RAM limited)?

I have currently installed many individual smaller User Sample Banks that I autoload when needed. But I am experiencing a slight problem at the moment working on two new user sample banks: The Kronos mixes up the last two ones: after a fresh re-start it is assigning samples of the wrong one to Programs and vice versa, when programmed to do the right thing

Still figuring out what the issue is and starting from scratch again, but maybe one issue is an upper limit in the number of User Sample Banks??

Current gear : Korg Kronos 88 (SN 0979) / Nektar LX88+ / Korg PA2X / Kurzweil K2500R / Korg Nanopad2 / Neo Ventilator / Akai EWI USB / Cantabile / Reaper / Cakewalk / Reason / way too many VST's
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There shouldn't be, I don't think - but perhaps some of the Userbank IDs got mixed up? You can resave the problematic banks and force a new ID.

As to the program memory limit, don't forget you can browse PCGs on the hard drive. Why this won't let you browse by category as you normally would, or let you use those programs in a combi, it's still a very useful way of auditioning banks and perhaps picking and loading a sound. I always have a "working bank" where I load sounds I actually need for a gig.
Bugra Ekuklu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
There shouldn't be, I don't think - but perhaps some of the Userbank IDs got mixed up? You can resave the problematic banks and force a new ID.

As to the program memory limit, don't forget you can browse PCGs on the hard drive. Why this won't let you browse by category as you normally would, or let you use those programs in a combi, it's still a very useful way of auditioning banks and perhaps picking and loading a sound. I always have a "working bank" where I load sounds I actually need for a gig.

I've just realized I can save banks to PCG's. I'm new on Korg keyboards, I have to look to manual to understand which file does what. I really appreciated you, thanks. You are a life-saver, today I was going to delete some programs but now there is no need to do it.

Thank you Sander.
AdDeRoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
perhaps some of the Userbank IDs got mixed up? You can resave the problematic banks and force a new ID.

Thanks Xander. This was indeed the problem, and it was solved by Loading in the KSC in memory, deleting all on SSD, and resaving the Samples and create the UserSampleBank again, with forcing the new ID option at the bottom

Thanks for your advice. That's why I love this forum

Ad

Current gear : Korg Kronos 88 (SN 0979) / Nektar LX88+ / Korg PA2X / Kurzweil K2500R / Korg Nanopad2 / Neo Ventilator / Akai EWI USB / Cantabile / Reaper / Cakewalk / Reason / way too many VST's
MRedZac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More User-Banks ? - Yes, that would be great, since importing new sounds will always let me overwrite existing ones... Wink
Digital Mixers only from Yamaha

http://www.mediacoustics.eu

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

http://www.steamshop24.eu
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRedZac wrote:
More User-Banks ? - Yes, that would be great, since importing new sounds will always let me overwrite existing ones... Wink

You could use multiple PCG files ... but yes it's true that more banks would be better.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have and love a Jupiter 80 and a Kronos. That said, in comparison, Korg have been extremely generous in supplying an ample amount of user banks. My only complaint about the Jupiter 80 is that there are not nearly enough. Roland seems notorious for this and for storing favorites which I will get to in a moment.

One of the strengths of the Jupiter 80 is the ability to build very complex patches very quickly. But, Roland only allows 256 Registrations and yet these Registration are the big selling point to this otherwise outstanding synth. I more frequently find myself working at the Live Set level or using the ALT function to assign what I want where I want. It's not the most elegant solution but it does work. But, why are we limited to 256 Registrations? I have no idea as Registrations act as pointers if you will which are similar to Combis in Korg speak and Setups in Kurzweil's lexicon.

Korg doubled the available user banks such that I feel I can create all day if I had the time and also the programming chops of Nedim, Kid Nepro, Sharp, Kevin Nolan, and QuiRobinez. Would I like more? Of course, but, it isn't like there only 100 user slots or even 256.

Oh yeah, another bit of Roland stinginess! I own and still love my Fantom X. It's still a powerful workstation. The major drawback for me? In the X, Roland allows you to save only 64 patches as favorites! Korg, Kurzweil, and Yamaha knock Roland out of the park in this area. Finally, on 1 GB cards, you can only save 256 patches!

So, it speaks well of Kronos that we want more areas for our own sounds or for imported libraries, but, it seems to me that compared to Roland, Korg is extremely generous. Who knows, maybe a future update will require us to merely hold the Enter key while pressing I-A and U-A and whammo! We have UUU-AAA through UUU-GGG.

Until then, for those whose Kronos is full, maybe some difficult choices have to be made. For live musicians, doing aload from USB between sets is an easy matter and quick.

Best,
Vlad
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billysynth1 wrote:
All my user banks are full....so I wont purchase anymore new sounds created for the Kronos. I don't wish to subtract sounds to get new sounds in...I wish they would come up with a way to add new sound banks.

There is no other workstation than KRONOS with this many programmable sounds, except the Alesis Fusion, which reads directly from the hard drive, so no limit, but there is seconds of lag to call up a new sound.

Also, you can have unlimited number of PCGs, and you can preview any sounds on the SSD without loading the whole PCG.

I think there are enough user banks on KRONOS. Remember the preload banks are also user banks, you can modify the programs.

What KRONOS needs is program editing capability in Combi or Song mode, so that your custom version of the programs for songs can be saved with the Song file itself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: