Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Envelope Retrigger / Legato Retrigger

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tpantano
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Envelope Retrigger / Legato Retrigger Reply with quote

Hi!

Is there a way to patch the MS-20 so that every keypress will retrigger the envelope(s), regardless of wether the new note was played legato or not?

I tried running the keyboard 'Trig Out' into the Envelope Trigger to no avail.
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been something I've been trying to figure out as well, so if I stumble upon a way to patch this, I'll let you know. It's been a pain because when I sequence out notes on my DAW, I have to manually shorten each note to create gaps that will retrigger the envelope. My SH-101 has a gate switch to retrigger the envelope, so it's confusing that it doesn't work on the MS-20.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
plosive

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's low note priority legato only. You can setup a momentary switch to manually re-trigger the envs while playing, but if you're looking to do this with midi/daw you need to use note offs.

On a related note, if you want a note retriggered LFO you can use ENV1 as an LFO by plugging it into itself. Legato rules still apply.
tpantano
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plosive wrote:
No, it's low note priority legato only. You can setup a momentary switch to manually re-trigger the envs while playing, but if you're looking to do this with midi/daw you need to use note offs.

On a related note, if you want a note retriggered LFO you can use ENV1 as an LFO by plugging it into itself. Legato rules still apply.

Thanks for this! Made some really cool effects via using the envelope as an atypical LFO- plugged the Envelope out into its trigger, then plugged the reverse amplitude into the S&H input, the pulse LFO as its clock, and the output into the filter, with some amplitude decay. It created this really cool pseudo-delay effect.

Last edited by tpantano on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
plosive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice Smile

btw..I said low note priority legato when I meant high note. =x
dannybaws

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case anybody trying to retrigger the MS20 has Reason 7.0 or above I figured out a way to modify the MIDI messages to retrig the notes.

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7491944
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: