Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

logic 8 express

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: logic 8 express Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, I know logic 9 is out but is there any reason I should be looking at upgrading? I haven't even learned l8e yet and I do not relish putting 200 into 9 at this time. Will it really give a newb to recording, weekend hack anything I really need over what I have in l8e?
Thanks Bertotti
MarPabl
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: logic 8 express Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Just out of curiosity, I know logic 9 is out but is there any reason I should be looking at upgrading? I haven't even learned l8e yet and I do not relish putting 200 into 9 at this time. Will it really give a newb to recording, weekend hack anything I really need over what I have in l8e?
Thanks Bertotti

Don't upgrade until you really learn Logic 8 and you really know that you need the new features on Logic 9 Idea
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent that was my thought process as well. I bought the apple training book so I will start working through it again. I don't imagine I will learn it quickly but it will come. Thanks for keeping me on track!
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti
I also am a newbie to the recording process and I also bought the Apple training book as well. I also subscribed to macprovideo.com it has a lot to offer. It is $25 per month but it is going quite well so far.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will check out that website!
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hijack, Bertotti, but how much more advanced is Logic 8 express compared to Garageband....would you say its in between GB and Logic 8 (pro)?

Also, will it run on OS 10.4? I have an older macbook...
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since I haven't really gotten to deep into it I can't say how much more advanced it may be. I know it does midi and notation which I wasn't able to do in GB back when I tried. I have had this program for 4 or 5 years so I would bet it would work on your Mac no problem but to be safe check the apple site it will tell you what version it requires minimum. I don't think you can buy it anymore it was just a program I had and figured it was better to use what I have, if it fills my need, than buy a new program.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked out mac pro video, WOW, a lot of stuff in there. I see it is a bout 25$ a month or you can buy an hd course but I am not sure which way to go. I have always liked having access to the material later on and do not know that I want to be a member of that site for an overly extended period of time but then again as quickly as they add content I could see myself being on there for years.

Thanks for the heads up!
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem Bertotti. Yes there is so much info. on MacPro Video. That site along with Qui's videos for Kronos that is a lot of information. I go on the site every night.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up. Pretty cool so far! Thanks
Logic 8 has been kicking my butt. I will start that series shortly. I need a week of vacation just to get started in the apple logic book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: