Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Article: Hands on with Korg's <150$ Volcas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TinPigeon

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Article: Hands on with Korg's <150$ Volcas Reply with quote

"He’s not a household name. But Tatsuya Takahashi is the man from Korg’s development group behind instruments you almost certainly know. Starting with the first Korg monotron, followed by the Monotribe, monotron DUO and monotron DELAY, Takahashi has been standards bearer to a legacy of Korg stretching back to the early analog days. These newer instruments return to some of the analog circuitry and ideas behind earlier instruments, bringing a new playful approach to electronic music making for the masses, at stunningly low prices that put the products in reach of those musicians.

And now … well, now there’s volca, three new instruments covering bass, beats, and keys (in name and function), each under $150 bucks. And so we’re really lucky that their designer Tatsuya Takahashi from Korg in Inagi-City, Japan visited us in Berlin. He had all three volcas in hand, and shared his experience as a musician and designer, complete with a live improvised jam for us on the products he and his team at Korg built."

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/05/hands-on-with-korgs/
jiggityj

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love these new affordable Korg products, but they MUST do something about their quality control. My Monotron Delay and MiniKP2 had components rip out of the circuit boards. The Monotron Delay had the 3.5mm output rip off. I tried to solder it back, but the solder point is what ripped out. The MiniKP2's mic switch ripped off. The power and volume switches are exactly the same, and could rip off anytime. I'm not aggressive with my gear and they are always babied. I never buy warranties, but I might if I get the Volcas.
renegade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No such problems here, build quality seems fine, to rip a switch or jack off would take some force on mine. I have all 3 monotrons and 2 monotribes, they seem solid enough - to me.

The microsampler that I have has wobbly knobs, but so far still working ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: