Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We need the 'Volcasampler'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: We need the 'Volcasampler' Reply with quote

Now you have killed the ESX and the Microsampler you have a gap....

I expect you are already on it Wink
sohatyi

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full analog sampling. Somehow. A man can dream.
Novation: UltraNova, Nova
Yamaha: RM1X, CS2X, DX11, DX Reface, YC Reface
Other: Zoom R24, Quasimidi 309, Beat Thang, Akai MPC1000 and a couple of Omnichords
djcactus

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sohatyi wrote:
Full analog sampling. Somehow. A man can dream.

yeah it comes with a real of analog tape and two channels of sampling! the best part is, and get this, IT HAS REALY TAPE DELAYI NOW GUYS

sorry i couldnt contain myself. It could fit right in, but it couldn't really be analog entirely if it want's to be a sampler.
magikroom

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Next for Korg Reply with quote

Well, seeing as the analog gear is going to be a hit for them, it's all been the sub £499 price range. I'm waiting for my MS20 Mini, but i'm sure their next thing is a full on Poly Synth, with CC for all the knobs, 3 oscillator, maybe even 4 (MonoPoly).

Whatever it is, it might even be a KingKorg, but in Analog? 6 Voice though, with Arp, CV/Gate and Tube. In at £799 If they could do that, I'd buy 2 Smile

Or what about this, 6 voice (2 Osc) analog, WITH Virtual Analog of the KingKorg...jeez, that would be mad.
Korg Kronos 73, KingKorg, Arp Odyssey, X5DR, Roland System 1m, Juno 6, JX-3P, JX-10, MKS-50, D10, Moog Sub Phatty, Novation Bass Station 2, DSI Prophet 08, Tetra, Analogue Solutions Telemark V2 and Leipzig-S, Nord Lead A1, Dreadbox Erebus, Waldorf Pulse, NI Maschine, Komplete 9 Ultimate, Arturia SparkLe, Beatstep, Spectrasonics Omnisphere U-HE Diva (Best Soft Synth ever) + other Softsynths
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

I was thinking a hybrid with analog filter but yeah, bring back cassette....
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Next for Korg Reply with quote

magikroom wrote:
Well, seeing as the analog gear is going to be a hit for them, it's all been the sub £499 price range. I'm waiting for my MS20 Mini, but i'm sure their next thing is a full on Poly Synth, with CC for all the knobs, 3 oscillator, maybe even 4 (MonoPoly).

Whatever it is, it might even be a KingKorg, but in Analog? 6 Voice though, with Arp, CV/Gate and Tube. In at £799 If they could do that, I'd buy 2 Smile

Or what about this, 6 voice (2 Osc) analog, WITH Virtual Analog of the KingKorg...jeez, that would be mad.

I like the volca and all the other little gadgets but they are all so limited in many ways. I think Korg missed the boat on this one. If they had come out with something even close to the Prophet 12 they could have had the next classic that would go down in history.

I'm almost certain to get a Prophet 12 and then Korg will have to top that if they want my synth money. Although I will still likely get an ms20-mini for nostalgia. I do like the sound of King Korg but it could have been a lot more appealing if it just had a few more knobs.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg's analog sampler:

lloydsmith

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Xml - I would like to say cool but after you played that card

Maybe open reel instead.... Laughing
djcactus

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some digital processes are just necessary, i understand how analog can be a better thing. I would rather have my sampler be digital, maybe some of the effects could be accessed threw an analog chain but at the core samples need to be samples, and a digital environment is kind-of a better one. Now if we were to look back at "Dark Side of the Moon", sampling is possible and can be bad ass on tape all of the same, but hardly practical.
Telengard

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djcactus wrote:
some digital processes are just necessary, i understand how analog can be a better thing. I would rather have my sampler be digital, maybe some of the effects could be accessed threw an analog chain but at the core samples need to be samples, and a digital environment is kind-of a better one. Now if we were to look back at "Dark Side of the Moon", sampling is possible and can be bad ass on tape all of the same, but hardly practical.

I agree with you. I think it would NEED to be mainly digital to be easy to use in the spirit of the Volcas.
GhastlyH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lloydsmith wrote:
LOL

I was thinking a hybrid with analog filter but yeah, bring back cassette....

That was the beauty with the old Ensoniq Mirage. It was a 8-bit sampler with analogue filters. It had a very unique, "grungy" sound for a digital sampler. I paid $2000 for my first Ensoniq Mirage back in the 80s.... and that was used. Loved the hell out of that sampler. I kept meaning to hack my Mirage to give me real time controls over the filters but just never got around to it.

It shouldn't be too hard to make a retro hybrid sampler for under $100.
Cry UFO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something that might fit the bill

http://vimeo.com/74136204
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: