Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microSTATION Editor Crashes & microStations for Guitaris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fezzler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: microSTATION Editor Crashes & microStations for Guitaris Reply with quote

1. microSTATION Editor crashes as it is loading and recognizing sound and midi devices (about Cool. Specifically, seems to crash after Axiom Air 32 Mini is discovered. Win Vista HP.

2. Loving the microStation over pure midi keyboard. Home hobbyist and guitar player here. I know a few piano chords and progressions. Any tips on approach to using microSTATION for backing tracks to play guitar rhythm and riffs to? Primary DAW is Studio One Pro; secondary is REAPER; third is ProTools LE 8.
bradkorg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update windows midi drivers problem:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=44465

KORG/KORG USB-MIDI Driver/UnInstDrv.exe

synthtweaker wrote:
Just in case anyone else has the same problem I can confirm the driver installation errors were caused by the 10 midi device limit in the Windows registry as mentioned by MonoPolyMan (thanks MPM! ) . Rather than delve in the registry and hack the entries I let the Korg Midi Driver Uninstall Utility do the work for me, which it does very neatly! I uninstalled the corrupted entries plus all but one of the repeated USB Audio Device entries and the Roland SH-201 entry. If you click the Option button it allows you to uninstall the greyed out entries.

I then re-booted the system with the Korg M50 turned on in advance. Windows did not try to install the standard driver so I just used the Korg Midi Driver Install Utility to install the 1.11 driver. It all worked perfectly and I can now synchronize the Editor plus the plug-in works in my DAW Very Happy

1) Connect first microSTATION keyboard to PC.
Then run EzSetup.exe in the path where the KORG USB Midi Driver is located> C:\Program Files\KORG\KORG USB-MIDI Driver\EzSetup.exe.

And then run mS Editor, you'll need to run EzSetup.exe first every PC use!

2) Use the ARP functions of the mS?

Last edited by bradkorg on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Fezzler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Editor is loading and now trying to learn how it works. Plowing through manuals today. I like that Internet has given access to so much more value, but I miss printed manuals.

Here is one issue I'm confused on. Connected to PC with JUST USB, does the MS send JUST Midi to one's DAW track or can it send the sounds over USB too?

I assume it can be used as a MIDI controller/keyboard, but not clear how the sounds get tracked to my DAW. I realize I can run the TRS from MS to the inputs of my AD box.

DAWs - REAPER and Studio One Pro
Win Vista 32 SP2
Fezzler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more question.

Before EVERY time I use the MS on my PC I have to run the EZSetup?
bradkorg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fezzler wrote:
One more question.

Before EVERY time I use the MS on my PC I have to run the EZSetup?

Very simple, try it out!
You don't get error, then no, get error = Yes!

Last edited by bradkorg on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
bradkorg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fezzler wrote:
Thanks.

Editor is loading and now trying to learn how it works. Plowing through manuals today. I like that Internet has given access to so much more value, but I miss printed manuals.

Here is one issue I'm confused on. Connected to PC with JUST USB, does the MS send JUST Midi to one's DAW track or can it send the sounds over USB too?

I assume it can be used as a MIDI controller/keyboard, but not clear how the sounds get tracked to my DAW. I realize I can run the TRS from MS to the inputs of my AD box.

DAWs - REAPER and Studio One Pro
Win Vista 32 SP2

mS only do midi DATA in/output over usb!

So sound only from mS line-out/headphone, but if you want to mix mS sound to your PC, then connect mS line-out to PC line-in.

You can combine midi VST and mS sound in the DAW.
You'll to install free ASIO4ALL audio drivers and config the Audio-input, to have minimum midi usb/audio latency with your DAW. Because built-in PC audio drivers have high latency.

On your DAW, you can create/add for the mS stereo track/channels of the Audio line-in and is possible to record mS as soundwaves/audiotrack (wav/mp3) and is separated from/of the midi data.

For more info, google is your best friend!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: