Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

especially for Wittid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: especially for Wittid Reply with quote

Hi wittid . I have received a used golden entertainer expansion board from Tommy1340Milloar (thanks mate) version 2.5 i believe. Is this the last hardware change to the expnasion board you referred to ? i have the original software disk version 2 and I also have another disc that is blank which I presume contains the latest software but i cant be sure . Please can you advise me how to fit the board and update my operating system whilst saving all the information I have created on my keyboard including the song book and sounds and styles.

thank you very much. I tried to pm you but its not working.
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi worth,

i have sent you a download link (PM) for the relevant files.
Download them soon, because they will be deleted in the next few days.

cu
Detlef
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wittid

i have not installed the expansion board yet as i have some heavy choir commitments till the end of May.

Havwe you been recieving my emails ? For some reason the forum pm system wont sent out my messages to you , i can only recieve them.
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i received your messages.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi wittid. I have now loaded the Xms golden entertainer expansion board and the new operating system you kindly let me have . Unfortunately something is not quite right . The styles sound wrong . They have the wrong instruments assigned to the arrangements and the drum mapping sounds wrong with the snare drums not sounding correctly in particular . There are polyphony problems with lots of note stealing . The names of some of the sounds are completely wrong . My song books are unusable at the moment .

The hardware is version 2.5 . You mentioned that there might have been another upgrade to 2.54 ? Could it be that the operating system and BKP I have are just the wrong ones for the hardware ? I really want this board to work but as it is at the moment I simply can't use it. Can you help ? If its the hardware that is at fault where can I get the latest hardware as mr dee is not responding to emails .
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´ll check some points and will come back to you.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank for your continued help. I have some performances this weekend and i may have to seek your help in reverting my keyboard back to its previous state .

thanks

Worth
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I inserted the XMS Golden entertainer expansion board in slot one and my piano expansion board in slots two in my pa1x . I then copied the files you gave me the resources file and the BKP file to my laptop and unzipped the files to my desk top. I then copied the files across to the hard drive of the PA 1X keyboard using a USB cable connected to the keyboard and laptop. I then copied the operating systems files Discs 1-4 to floppy disk 1-4 that I had inserted into the keyboarding sequence . I then took the disks out and switched the keyboard off. I then inserted disc 1 into the keyboard and switched it on. I selected Intro one and the keyboard started to build up from disc one. And then after all the disks had been loaded I switched the keyboard off and switched it on again calibrated the touchscreen full resource redtore from the xms bkp file . then switched it off again and then back on again. That was it I think
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear wittid . Thank you for all your help! I have managed to load up your resources and your sets on my keyboard. And the keyboard sounds fine. I have imported my sets onto the keyboard. What I had to do was open my sets and load individually the songbooks ,sounds ,performances and styles. I did not load up the PCM data as this was the problem. It was loading up samples from somewhere that were not working with the resources that you had provided. The keyboard sounds wonderful and I really appreciate the extra samples that Mr D has put in the resources. The drums sound so much better and the bases and pianos and electric pianos and organs sound so much better. Mr D has also done something incredible with polyphony. I was playing piano with layered strings in a full accompaniment and there was no note stealing that I could hear ! All my arrangements sound better and I can't wait till my wrist is better to play for choir.

It sounds like a new keyboard! Korg should do something like this for all the arrangers. I don't know what Mr D did with the polyphony but it's outstanding. That alone is worth the price of the expansion board. For anyone considering purchasing the XMS expansion board don't hesitate.

Once again thank you so much.
tommy1340millar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really chuffed that it's all working for you Worth! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Your new name is..............
"Worth the wait"!! Laughing
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we did it Wink

Happy that everything works now.

cuall
Detlef
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="tommy1340millar"]Really chuffed that it's all working for you Worth! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Your new name is..............
"Worth the wait"!! Laughing[/quote]

Never mind Tommy lets just say your comedy is still "a work in progress " 😊

On a serious note you and detlef are brilliant forum members and have set the standard for helpfulness .

Cheers again .

One final note "la" !

It's the way I tell em 😂
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: