Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microkorg help!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuzern

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Microkorg help!! Reply with quote

So my Microkorg turns on, lights and everything, and trance and techno/house patches work fine but any other programs don't make any sound, I've noticed that on the working patches the synth red light is on, but on the non working ones, the green vocoder light is on. Yeah if someone can help that'd be great Very Happy
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could hook up a mic to the MK and speak into it while playing notes on those patches, that'd be great. -- Bill Lumbergh

kuzern

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz but I don't want to use the vocoder, I just want to use my patches
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could read page 59 of the manual, that'd be great. -- Bill Lumbergh

http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/microKORG_Manual_633652918397600000.pdf

If you don't want a vocoder program, init it or copy a different one on top of it.

The other pages of the manual are more useful than a TPS report.
kuzern

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still not getting a sound, i probably didn't explain the situation clearly D; So less than half on my patches dont make any sound so just 16 work
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take one of the patches programs that does work, then copy it over one that doesn't work - overwriting it. Repeat. Then you should have only programs that do work. If you copy a program that does work to another location, then it doesn't work at that location, then you've potentially got a problem. At this point, everything you've described sounds like user error or misunderstanding. In other words, you haven't described any symptoms that sound like there is any actual problem with the hardware or software of your synth. It's normal for vocoder programs not to make any sound if you don't have a mic attached, and it's normal for owners to copy around patches as they see fit. So it all sound's perfectly normal to have a bunch of programs that don't make any sound when you don't use them as intended. The previous owner may have really enjoyed using the vocoder and made lots of copies of them. If there is a problem, you just haven't learned the nature of the problem well enough to explain it - and that's ok and normal too.

Play around some more with the copy and init functions, then see if that all works as described in the manual. If something doesn't work as expected. Feel free to ask some more questions as you learn.
kuzern

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was trying to keep the patches i made, but seems like that wasn't an option so i just restored the microkorg to its factory settings and all the default programs are working. Thanks anyway
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, you could have saved all those programs that you lost. But you didn't ask about how to save your programs. You only asked about the other programs that you didn't want. Nothing you can do about it now that you reset it. For your future reference, you can use a USB-midi interface and use the librarian software to download or upload programs to it. Just don't buy a cheap no-name USB midi "cable" product like those sold on ebay, since many of them don't work for this purpose. A lot of USB audio interfaces also have midi, so those are the best for connecting the MK to the computer.
mariachisocial

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: mariachi social Reply with quote

Play around some more with the copy and init functions, then see if that all works as described in the manual. If something doesn't work as expected. Feel free to ask some more questions as you learn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: