Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying ressources...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pa3XDK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Buying ressources... Reply with quote

Hi there fellow "Korgies"!

I was just curious, how many out there are buying custom made samples and styles for their PA3x??

Since these ressources are often very expensive, I was also wondering if anyone has some good experiences with buying this, if so - what do you recommend?

I found this web-site offering samples & styles in a set for the PA3x (http://korgstyles.com/) - Can anyone give me a review of this product??

I have, myself, had good experiences with styles brought from D-O-O.de (Direct on order).

Happy playing out there.. Wink
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Buying ressources... Reply with quote

Pa3XDK wrote:
Since these resources are often very expensive, I was also wondering if anyone has some good experiences with buying this, if so - what do you recommend?

Pa3XDK you always get what you have paid !
For instance when you get 250 professional sampled sounds and 90 studio standards styles with the best 450 Mb
resources ever made for Pa3X , like http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE99B1BBD117A60DA
do you really expect to pay 100 $ that only 4 pro-sounds costs in Music industry ?
No way , so it's up to your investment and the way or level you want to perform !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
deanspy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying ressources... Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
you always get what you have paid !

It is sometimes, but not always true.

Often there are hobbyists with really great products that can give "professional" sounds a decent run for their money.

I wonder if any other users that are NOT developers have any experience with the sounds you have mentioned PA3XDK??

I would be interested to hear as well.
MOTU 896mk3
Spark, Maschine, KOMPLETE
Other bits and bobs
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying ressources... Reply with quote

deanspy wrote:
Often there are hobbyists with really great products that can give "professional" sounds a decent run for their money.

That's entirely true , we already have members that shared professional level resources with no charge at all !!!
But my reference is commercial resources where my phrase's meaning is definitely out of question !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
michagi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No way , so it's up to your investment and the way or level you want to perform !

Reading posts about "professional" samples I always wonder
why is this flagship PA3x considered so unprofessional in the sound area.
I can understand the need for new styles or culture specific sounds,
but is it really unprofessional to use Pa3x with factory delivered sounds?

I thought that sampler in Pa3x was meant to support sounds beyond the factory delivered type of sound.
Why should we replace them with new drums, saxes, trumpets, strings etc.
And if it IS necessary to buy and replace basic sounds to make Pa3x really professional, then 512MB is still not enough...

Just couldn't resist to share my thoughts.

Michal.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michagi wrote:
Just couldn't resist to share my thoughts.

Well done , why not ?
I'll define my meaning of professional term !
I determine this way the usage of a keyboard's resources for Music production or the most realistic way that
an arranger or whatever keyboard or soft-synth can emulate physical stage music instruments !
For instance KronosX has "Professional" Drums or pianos , others just the name ! if you get what I mean !
I personally do not give a dime of Factory resources , though they are welcome when efficient samples exist ,
I always focus on specifications and features of the keyboard that I'm going to develop , and also note
that I love challenges of small ram space like 512 Mb for my sampling modeling potentials !

Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LISTEN GUYS, Seriusly, NO One Ever Maded anything that specific and Professional, until now, NOT for PA80, Not for 1 X, 2 X and NOT for 3 X,

There is some great people that gives time and makes Some things, BUT, please like you say, 512 MB Compressed samples, IS not in pro level at all,

Even the onboard sounds are not so god, Couse many is from I 30,s time, Just listen to some sounds, They are perfect, like PIANOS, ELPIANOS, and so, But the other articific sounds on KORG is, Still TOY!

I,m using lots of VST s on stage, ONLY MAC and MAINSTAGE is one example, And belive me, IT SOUND BETTER and you heave total control LIVE !

WE need news , like i always say, To days music is far beyond the 3 X.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
LESSISMORE
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

after the Musikmesse Frankfurt in April 2013 all PA-Keys with Sample-Option will get new resources from a german company named musitronics.
They changed all factory-samples.
The new resources are for PA2/3/800 and 600.

I will write a notice when I checked out the new resources and upload some demo-videos to youtube.

Under my videos I will write the contact to the developer.

LiM

The Good The Bad And The Ugly
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
512 MB Compressed samples, IS not in pro level at all,
I,m using lots of VST s on stage, ONLY MAC and MAINSTAGE is one example, And belive me, IT SOUND BETTER and you heave total control LIVE !.

Strictly your personal opinion based on your potentials , I had been performing with PC & Mac workstations since 2000
but ages have been changed and today I have replaced all live gear with a developed Pa3X and a KronosX that can handle
the inevitable huge orchestra sounds !
As concerned to today's crab , let me also disagree , since my worries were always focused in real Music that created up to 1990 !
LESSISMORE wrote:
They changed all factory-samples

If truth , then really wrong movement for a developer , for hundreds or reasons !!!

Pa3XDK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antony, nice to see you active here. Smile I wrote you an email some time ago, regarding buying some of your products. Unfortunately I don't like the idea of being limited to one developer, as I like my kreative freedom to be intact. So I was wondering, isn't it possible to buy only the instruments that I think my style of music could benefit from??
- I agree, that (sometimes) you get what you paid for. Giving the fact that I paid the same for a PA3x, as a Kronos costs - I would expect Korg to develop some professional sampled resources, but that's a whole other story. Wink I really liked the products I've heard from your link, but when I'm not playing greek music, I think you would benifit from also selling your more western samples. The prices seem overly heavy, if I'm only gonna use less than half of the instruments. Otherwise NICE WORK!!

Deanspy, thats exactly why I posted that topic. Cause it seems to be alot of focus on styles, but no style will sound better than a midi-file If your instrument only uses GM-instruments. So instead of focusing on the styles, why not make the styles sound awesome with some nice (realistic) instruments? So I also was trying to hear which kind of resources other korgies where using, but seems like that intention didn't came out public (thanks for noticing) Laughing

Michagi, I heard musicians saying turn that stupid piano down in a style, when infact the style-track playing was an accoustic guitar. So for soloing, some of the instruments seems okay - but if you want to sound like a live band (which in my terminology is the meaning) with an arranger, you need sampled instruments. Just my personal humble oppinion. The sampler is a substancial reason that I chose the Pa3x as my arranger keyboard. So YES, I think a SMALL part of the factory sounds in the PA3x sounds like realistic/(professional) instruments. However, I've heard worse arrangers! Razz
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa3XDK wrote:
So I was wondering, isn't it possible to buy only the instruments that I think my style of music could benefit from??

Absolutely true !!! who claimed the opposite ?
Pa3XDK wrote:
I think you would benifit from also selling your more western samples. The prices seem overly heavy, if I'm only gonna use less than half of the instruments. Otherwise NICE WORK!!

That's why Producer edition exists !!! all international standard styles & vintage instruments !!!
Pa3XDK wrote:
Cause it seems to be alot of focus on styles, but no style will sound better than a midi-file If your instrument only uses GM-instruments. So instead of focusing on the styles, why not make the styles sound awesome with some nice (realistic) instruments? So I also was trying to hear which kind of resources other korgies where using, but seems like that intention didn't came out public

Seems that you're not aware of my development that is based on entirely external Ram library and a style will be
definitely sound better than a childish mid-file since 16 real external drumkits , basses & guitars are used ,
similar to high-end industrial VST soft-synths and not GM or factory !!!
Re-estimate your opinion reading carefully http://pastyles.x10.mx/Pa3XProducerStandalone.html
I do not really like to defend my work , since I don't need it , but I have to clarify those details !
At the other hand , seems wise to search all Korg's third-party developers that might suit you !

deanspy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if some of the better sounds were sold as single sounds instead of giant collections. Some creators have no understanding of customer service, or just don't care.
MOTU 896mk3
Spark, Maschine, KOMPLETE
Other bits and bobs
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deanspy
I can understand your request , but in my case I'm not a store , just a standalone developer that offer my resources
for anyone that is interested as let's say a handmade artwork and the most significant reason is that seems completely
insane to use system lock protection for a couple of sounds since no resources goes out from my lab unprotected !

As concerned to compact resources , IMHO when developing or improving keyboard resources then priority goes to
whole group of vintage instruments like pianos , drums , guitars , basses ,violins , brasses , woodwinds and generally
all sounds that keyboard fails to emulate , since a brilliant Musician & developer is always a step beyond user and
always knows in advance what will be user's needs !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: