Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I dont get the same quality from the drumkt i recorded

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fResH_
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: I dont get the same quality from the drumkt i recorded Reply with quote

Guys, please give me some tips and info..

I hooked up my korg pa3x pro to my computer that have an old internal Maudio soundcard..

I use LEFT AND RIGHT output into the computer,

this is the cable Im using.
http://www.supersonic.se/PICTURE/5189-9-at-cj.jpg

So now the results after recording a snare, and playback and listen to the snare.. it dosent get the same quality.. the tone of the snare changes a little its thinner and not accurate and up front quality as the original.

Is it the sound card, or is it the music program (adobe audition 1.5) or the cable? or the bit rate?

One thing that you may have in mind is,

The keyboard is hooked to the PC, and the output of MAudio is to a amp / speakers. So when I play the snare it sounds nice, and when i play the same snare from the music program i recorded the snare with.. the sound quality isnt same.. But if i play it live directly in same setup from the keyboard it sounds rich. Did you understand this?

"Its not how good you are, its the impression you leave behind."
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the sound frequency differ somehow from korg pa3x to comp ? I 44.1khz vs 48khz or similar...
mistermikev

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can think of a number of things that would be a factor, but I'd start by playing the sample back through the same amplifier... how does it sound?
(assuming you aren't doing that already)

things I'd look at: what sort of level is it being recorded in at? I wouldn't shoot for zero but I wouldn't shoot for less than -12 either. then try to match the level going into said amplifier.
the soundcard could be the bottleneck... do other things sound ok when you use it?
you could consider mic'ing the amp, using a direct out if it has one... this might get you closer to something you can live with.

hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: