Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing a strap on the MicroStation...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
177e

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Installing a strap on the MicroStation... Reply with quote

Has anyone ever considered (or done already) installing a strap on their Micro Station? I am toying around with the idea of converting my MS to a Keytar like the Roland AX series. There is plenty of room on the inside to install the bolts for the strap nuts. What are your thoughts?
177e

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it! I installed a strap button to the center of both sides. It totally transforms the instrument. It is a lot of fun. I can't see myself using it like that often but it sure is fun and liberating. Sorry no pictures but it was not that hard. You do have to remove all the screws from the bottom including the ones attached to the key bed, but the entire board remains intact even after removing the bottom. I love this little board!
Synthesizerplayer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that is a good idea.

you will have to do some improvisation for that.

or use velcro so that you can remove it when strap is not needed
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

177e wrote:
I did it! I installed a strap button to the center of both sides. It totally transforms the instrument. It is a lot of fun. I can't see myself using it like that often but it sure is fun and liberating. Sorry no pictures but it was not that hard. You do have to remove all the screws from the bottom including the ones attached to the key bed, but the entire board remains intact even after removing the bottom. I love this little board!

I want to try this, but I don't know where to start. Any tips would be appreciated. i.e. How do you attach them? Do you need to create any new holes? Does it matter what order you remove the screws in? Any suggestions for a particular type of strap button that would work particularly well/easily? In a quick search, I came up with these pages of possibilities...

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=248-9368

http://www.stewmac.com/shopby/item/4982-SB

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware,_parts/Electric_guitar:_Strap_buttons.html

http://www.allparts.com/strap-buttons
engineerjoel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

177e wrote:

Hey 177e, upload some photos .
six_feet_under

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it on my Kross61. Saved money and got a more versatile keytar than those currently on the market.

My DIY keytar has 5 octaves of full size keys, with multiple splits, battery powered, under 10lbs, and one of the coolest looking KROG's ever made. https://youtu.be/I7YHznSAEYY

IMHO, Keytars would be sooooooo much better without wasting the player's left hand on a stupid simulated guitar neck. Let us be keys players and stop trying to simulate a guitar!

Also, any manufacturer selling synths under 10 lbs SHOULD include guitar strap posts (either optional attachments, or hidden under a flap, or pop-ups). They could sell the same unit to two markets: workstations and keytars. Easy money for them!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: