Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

routing in cubase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elikbelik

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: routing in cubase Reply with quote

Hi. I've tried routing my microstation thru Cubase according to the explanations given in the manual, but with no luck. I manage to get the midi track to sound, but am not able to route the midi track to an audio track. In the 'input' of the audio track I only have 'All Inputs' but that doesn't do the trick. Any help will be much appreciated, 'cause I obviously can't figure this out...

Thanx

Eli
lostchild

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly question. You got audio leads connected from your korg into your soundcard
Elikbelik

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, I'm sorry if this seems 'silly'. but for me it's a serious problem. If you could help, while forgive my not knowing what I'm doing, it would be very much appreciated.
lostchild

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah wasn't takin the P, no question is silly, were you wanting cubase only to sequence the microstation? Or sequence and record the audio from it into a cubase song?
Elikbelik

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to use it as a vsti. according to the manual, you can't just do that, because the sound generates not in your PC but out to the MS itself. So in order to keep exactly what you record, you have to route the midi assigned to the MS to an audio track. That's it in a nutshell. So far, I've managed to get a sound thru the midi track but nothing to the audio track.

Thank you!
lostchild

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to have the audio outputs from MS to your scard....in cubase you need a midi track to sequence the ms (guessing you are already doing this, using at vst)
need audio track to record the audio part of MS selecting input from which ever input you have your ms plugged into
Elikbelik

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MS is connected to the PC via USB, no physical inputs. As I understand, I'm supposed to route the midi [=vst] track to an audio track. If I'm wrong - let me know. I'm all a bit new to all of this.

Thank you for taking the time!
lostchild

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah there is your problem, the usb on microstation doesn't carry audio. Have to connect seperate audio leads from audio back of MS to soundcard.
Elikbelik

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! I have been misled! or rather I'm the one that didn't understand. I thought that I'd be able to edit and quantize etc. after I record, just like a true vsti. Oh well, too bad...

Thank you very much for clearing this up for me!

Eli[/b]
lostchild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just don't record the audio till happy. In end is external instrument not a soft synth. Once recorded midi track can always edit, quantise etc. Like a vst, monitor audio till happy then, record audio part (re record if needed)
johnroney

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: duh, korg... Reply with quote

i don't always mean to be a downer on korg on these forums, but it is in fact really easy...
if you check out the yamaha mx49 or mx61 - these two keyboards do exactly what you are 'imagining' should be happening with the microstation.
these keyboards have a built in audio interface (that's your buzzword...) and the audio is carried via usb... so you hear what is coming from the keyboard AND the computer from the same place - but it's going to come out of the keyboard outputs (just details...)
the microstation is basically a ROMpler (plays back ROM memory - about 64 mb? after compression?) and effects and basic synth parameters are applied to these wav.s to make it sound 'better'...
check out the yamaha boards - they sound good out of the box, too...
but just not a sequencer (but really, with a daw/computer setup, who needs a hardware sequencer?)...
i'm not really helping your situation yet... but it helps a little to understand the microstation...
Elikbelik

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I did some 'research' before buying, but I guess I still have a lot to learn... Thank you for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: