Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Krome how to hold a sound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karol3a

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Korg Krome how to hold a sound Reply with quote

Hello i am little new to the krome system, i did watched the video, but i still don't know how to press a key so the sound will last until i change the chord or a note.
Thank you.
FatFingers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could buy a sustain pedal -- that's what I did and it's very handy. Not sure if there are other ways to get the same effect.
Laserman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybee "karol3a" refer to the video about Krome "Combination mode & effects".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCfX3f8zTns

7:15 into video (combi, A10), chord continue plays without pressing keys.

Since nothing is mentioned about pedals, video gives impression that Krome has a special hold function.

Krome users - whats your opinion, Pedals or special Hold function ?

Best regards
Tomtejaeveln

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can chose which sounds you want to be affected by the damper pedal, the joystick etc.
Press Global and then PAGE and midi controller.
karol3a

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly as ''Laserman'' said on that time in video he holds the sound but he didn't showed how i know that that's why i asked, i think such an amazing keyboard do have holding effect but i can't just find it.
FatFingers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the video, there are four cords plugged into the rear of the Krome. The cord on the far right, spaced from the pair of audio outs, leads to the area where the jack for the damper pedal is located. I can only speculate but would guess that he is using a pedal. I can't imagine not owning one myself, although I come from an acoustic piano background.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably using a program with Hold Mode on ...

PROGRAM MODE - 1–2a: Key Zone - PAGE 14 Parameter Guide Manual

Hold [On, Off]
Hold is like permanently pressing down on the sustain pedal. In other words, notes continue to sound as if you were holding down the key ‐ even after you lift your fingers from the keyboard.

Unless the Sustain Level is set to 0 in Amp EG 1 (and Amp EG 2 in a Double Program), the sound will play for the entire length of the multisample(s).

On (checked): The Hold function is enabled for the range set by the Hold Bottom and Hold Top parameters, below.

Off (unchecked): Notes will play normally. This is the default setting.

I don't have a Krome YET - but I enjoy reading the manuals. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
FatFingers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find Rick! Also, that's an interesting hobby of yours -- reading the manuals. A bit off topic, but of the various keyboard manufacturers, who writes the best manuals? How do the manuals from Korg compare to the rest?
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatFingers wrote:
Nice find Rick! Also, that's an interesting hobby of yours -- reading the manuals. A bit off topic, but of the various keyboard manufacturers, who writes the best manuals? How do the manuals from Korg compare to the rest?

I only read the manuals for keyboards I plan on buying. Not really an expert here. KORG manuals are ok ... all the information is generally there, you just have to find it. Yamaha never published a manual that I liked. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Laserman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Rick to find "Hold Mode" in Krome manual.

This function "Hold" works, tone continue to sound after finger is released from keys, but same tone continue even after you pressed a second keys later, now 2 tones same time.

And that is not same scenario as in youtube video from Korg, it seems as they use pedal in the movie for "hold" function.

It would be very good if Korg update Krome with enhanced "Hold Change" function, it holds tone after finger is released from keys and when finger press new key it get new tone and it release old tone.

Then it would be similar function as pedal on the movie, but without the risk to get cramp in the foot.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laserman wrote:
Well done Rick to find "Hold Mode" in Krome manual.

This function "Hold" works, tone continue to sound after finger is released from keys, but same tone continue even after you pressed a second keys later, now 2 tones same time.

And that is not same scenario as in youtube video from Korg, it seems as they use pedal in the movie for "hold" function.

It would be very good if Korg update Krome with enhanced "Hold Change" function, it holds tone after finger is released from keys and when finger press new key it get new tone and it release old tone.

Then it would be similar function as pedal on the movie, but without the risk to get cramp in the foot.

Pretty sure you can program the length of the HOLD by setting the RELEASE parameter. I know, not the same as using a sustain pedal but useful none the less. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

yank

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello friends. A Hold function can be recompensed by poly arpeggiator . Use a blanc pattern, set the first step to whole note including amount of chord tones you wish to use and other steps should remain blanc. For example , if you use 32 steps arpeggiator pattern, set only first step and the left 31 steps leave to be blanc.The gate must be set to legato and the chord will be hold until enitre lenght of pattern with no need to hold it - just press it - if the latch and key sync functions are on.This does work good on my Korg Z1 and i believe, that the Krome arpeggiator has the same capabilities.

cheers
yank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: