Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Krome, what to expect ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laserman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Korg Krome, what to expect ? Reply with quote

Hi

I plan to buy Korg Krome, but first some questions....

1. Is that correct that Krome do NOT play wav files either from memory or SD card ?

2. If wav playing is absence, what is possibility to get *.pcg (patch) library with sounds as, footstep, shurchbell... ?

3. Is it also possible to insert combo or *.pcg (sound patches) from X50 and Karma ?

4. What to expect about Firmware updates ?

Kind regards
Chriskk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan to buy Korg Krome, but first some questions....

1. Is that correct that Krome do NOT play wav files either from memory or SD card ?

--> It seems to have the ability, but the user won't be able to load his own sample. So you are stuck with the internal ROM waves.

2. If wav playing is absence, what is possibility to get *.pcg (patch) library with sounds as, footstep, shurchbell... ?

--> New patches must use internal ROM waves.

3. Is it also possible to insert combo or *.pcg (sound patches) from X50 and Karma ?

--> No. (I don't understand why people keep asking this kind of question).

4. What to expect about Firmware updates ?

--> Not much.
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are you saying Chriskk?

Krome is pretty much what it is, and don't expect it to change much. If it does not meet your application needs, either change your application or change your selection of synth.

thanks Chriskk.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
Laserman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Korg Krome, what to expect ? Reply with quote

Thanks "Chriskk" for fast answer.

Well, I have a Krome now, so far both pros and cons.

I only agree to some point when people say "Krome is pretty much what it is".

Much depends on the software, how much effort do Korg put into developing the Firmware and sounds for the users ?

Product Manager Richard Formidoni said: "Korg also plans to make additional sounds available in the future." (above "continue reading")
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/tag/korg-krome/

Example is Roland Fantom-G, the release of Firmware 1,5 showed more features and improvements over earlier versions, yet same hardware.

Korg Krome has much power under the hood, but how much that can be used depends on the software Korg develops, as the possibility to use sample RAM for example.

Kind regards
1jordyzzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Krome, what to expect ? Reply with quote

Laserman wrote:
Thanks "Chriskk" for fast answer.

Well, I have a Krome now, so far both pros and cons.

I only agree to some point when people say "Krome is pretty much what it is".

Much depends on the software, how much effort do Korg put into developing the Firmware and sounds for the users ?

Product Manager Richard Formidoni said: "Korg also plans to make additional sounds available in the future." (above "continue reading")
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/tag/korg-krome/

Example is Roland Fantom-G, the release of Firmware 1,5 showed more features and improvements over earlier versions, yet same hardware.

Korg Krome has much power under the hood, but how much that can be used depends on the software Korg develops, as the possibility to use sample RAM for example.

Kind regards

FYI fantom-G and korg krome has different price point. You'll get what you paid for, and IMHO you'll get more than your money in krome in comparison with roland's juno series or yamaha mm series..

Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha PSR s910, Korg C720, Yamaha DTX 520, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, a pair of Yamaha HS80 in (soon not to be) an unproperly treated room..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: