Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why does Kronos have so many problems out of the box
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keytar1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Why does Kronos have so many problems out of the box Reply with quote

I've noticed that there are lot of kronos owners saying the kronos has problems as soon as they buy the thing and boot it up. I'm looking to buy a workstation but this kronos seems to have to many problems. Does korg support the kronos I know that it's been on the market for awhile and a kronos x but why have they not addressed the issues with this workstation it does not make since. I can not waste money on workstation that has so many problems out of the box. I hear that it doesnt do half the things korg says it does. this is crazy. does it read and play soundfont 2 format even. Also I heard it takes 2-3 minutes to boot. Shame on korg !
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you go on Blabbering at Korg do some fact checking and please point and link at what you read and where.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Why does Kronos have so many problems out of the box Reply with quote

Keytar1 wrote:
I've noticed that there are lot of kronos owners saying the kronos has problems as soon as they buy the thing and boot it up. I'm looking to buy a workstation but this kronos seems to have to many problems. Does korg support the kronos I know that it's been on the market for awhile and a kronos x but why have they not addressed the issues with this workstation it does not make since. I can not waste money on workstation that has so many problems out of the box. I hear that it doesnt do half the things korg says it does. this is crazy. does it read and play soundfont 2 format even. Also I heard it takes 2-3 minutes to boot. Shame on korg !

if you only listen to moaning and groaning of a small group on the Internet, plus newbies that may not be reading the manual, you are completely missing out.

Its a complex board , the most versatile by a large factor with several thousand satisfied owners.

It sounds like you need a simpler board
Keytar1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios you are a joke I know a lot about workstations I problably own more synths than you could even imagine how dare you try to insult me. You must work for or with korg. Is this a forum of korg product owners or is this a forum of korg employees. If this is a forum of korg employees then owners of korg products need to know. I notice most of you guys defend korg verses owners of korg products. Is there a owner of korg products forum that doesnt bash the buyer of a korg product ? If not will someone please start one me and many more korg owners will support you. Thanks BasariStudios
MoonMusic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Why does Kronos have so many problems out of the box Reply with quote

Keytar1 wrote:
does it read and play soundfont 2 format even. Also I heard it takes 2-3 minutes to boot. Shame on korg !

I'm the one who posted about not getting soundfonts to play but I have no doubt that it does play them....I just haven't figured it out yet....Keep in mind I JUST got the Kronos X this week so there's a ton to learn and I haven't exactly sat down with the manual yet......I wouldn't let the fact that I haven't figured out a feature sway you from purchasing your own....Of course if your afraid of a learning curve then any professional workstation probably isn't the best choice....I'm actually VERY excited by Kronos capabilities....Also, I would consider myself a power user so over the next several years I'm going to learn alot about this board....If your not interested in getting the most out of it with your own sounds, there are still TONS of sounds out of the box.....Not to mention all the free patches at Korgpatches.com....There's enough free stuff from that site alone to keep you busy for a very long time....It's too early to say if it's reliable for me but so far so good.....moon
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Why does Kronos have so many problems out of the box Reply with quote

Keytar1 wrote:
Shame on korg !

I'm not sure whether you're asking questions or simply having a rant directed at Korg.

In any case, the formulation of your post means you've already made up your mind that the Kronos is bad and that members of this forum are Korg's puppets.

So why bother posting !?

Kronoscopie, tout sur le Kronos en français

http://www.kronoscopie.fr
Keytar1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonMusic get back to me in a hundred years when you have figured it out. Enjoy. Laughing
Keytar1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francois thanks you are a joke. Thanks for posting you are a great help. Laughing
Keytar1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attention Owners of kronos let's see who's next to defend korg. Next
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read the previous replies......removed this post.....sorry.

Last edited by pedro5 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Keytar1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedro5 thank you for your kind words. My friend owns this thing I almost bought it until he told me dont buy it. He said that after buying it he seen so many problems out of the box. He said the interface sucks and could easily be corrected and something as basic as the sequencer is decades old in this machine and they are calling it innovative. How can something decades old be innovative ? I own many korg synths from years ago and they work and perform great. Step it up korg. Step it up
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keytar1 wrote:
Attention Owners of kronos let's see who's next to defend korg. Next

It seems like you made up your mind already that you don't want a Kronos so what exactly are you looking for?
Mikeeee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why we are all responding to the OP Troll.
Lets just ignore him/her/it and eventually He/She/It will crawl back under the rock.

regards,
Mikeee Rolling Eyes

P.S. make mine the last one.
Technics KN930. Technics KN5000. Roland VR-700,
KorgPA4X76, Technics KN7000SX. kross 2

Last edited by Mikeeee on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
elprimito

Why has this #*$ kid Keytar1 not been banned yet? He probably doesn't even know a thing about music.

I've played on a Yamaha S90 for many years, and it has served me well. Good sounds and built like a tank. But the Kronos is so much more advanced,
and the pianos, ep's, synths, B3, are way ahead of the S90, and even the Motif XF. Then there's sampling. I do prefer the build quality of the S90, though.
MoonMusic

Keytar1 wrote:
MoonMusic get back to me in a hundred years when you have figured it out. Enjoy. Laughing

A hundred years figuring out the Kronos is more worth my time than the 5 minutes I just wasted responding to someone who is obviously not here to make an informed decision about buying a Kronos....Congratulations on reeling me in once...It won't happen again....Your responses to everyone shows your not serious....That's about all I really have to say about this.....moon
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: