Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"File Already Exists" confusion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guarib

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem. Solved by:

1 - Press DISK button.
2 - Click UTILITY.
3 - Click Delete Unused WAV files.
i_scotty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:58 pm    Post subject: Easy Fix / Not Error Reply with quote

This is not an error. The samples are stored in another folder outside the normal .SNG folder. As long as they exist you will keep getting this message. Note: These sample files cannot be deleted the normal way by deleting the track or measures under the Track Edit tab.

[In DISK MODE]

1. Say your .SNG folder is titled Remakes.SNG. Locate the "Remakes_A" folder on the same page.

2. Open this folder, and then open the next folder titled "ATRACK01".

3. The next page will song folder(s) titled SONG001... 003. There will be a "SONG00?" folder for each song that has a sample. Open up any of the folders. (If they are not specifically named, you'll have to just open them up and figure what's what).

4. This next page will show any .WAV files or "takes" that are attached to that song. You can play each wav file. To delete any or all, go to the Utility tab, check the "Multiple Select" button, and then delete any unwanted files.

Clearing these will make the "File already exist" notificat
ion go away.[/color]
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is why I always create a specific folder for each song. In this folder, there is absolutely all, all, all. And I even put the original wav files and at the evidence the audio files which have been created by the kronos from these original wav files. Then, I record the song and put the audio files into each of the audio tracks needed for that song.
So, even years after, when I open the folder of this song, I am sure that all the specific files needed are there and that there are no audio files lost. And most of all I have never had this problem of "files already exist".
Compartments and classifications make life easier for music to become free and alive ! Very Happy

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: