Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome 88 Power Cord

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CMoreno

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Krome 88 Power Cord Reply with quote

Sorry about my ignorance.
Just got a brand new Korg Krome 88 and I can't find the Power Cord. Can anyone point me to where it could be? I just open the box and I can't find it anywhere.
CMoreno

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: In regards to the Power Cord Reply with quote

Sorry my previous, stupid question. It was following a higher level of frustration of my son and I.
I purchased the synth from Sam Ash, locally and gave it to my son this morning for Christmas. The synth is, or it was, I assume, brand new in the box and he hasn't been able to play it and now, he has to wait until tomorrow when the store opens again Confused
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not inside one of the styrofoam ears?
CMoreno

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's seems to be, a perfectly carved square box in one of the corner's styrofoam, where I assumed, was probably the place intended to be but; was empty.
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you can get to Sam Ash in the morning, but call ahead. It's not just a cable but a power supply that you need.

Per the Krome's specs: Power supply (DC12V 3.5A)

This PS type is the new standard for Korg keyboards that do not feature an internal power supply. I believe that the KARMA was the first Korg board to use it; I recently bought 2 from guitar center at around $40 each for my KARMA. It features a 7 pin DIN connection -- unfortunately not a standard type carried by Radio Shack or Best Buy.

Sam Ash should give you a new one... should being the operative word - if they don't have a spare or two in stock they'll have to open another box to give you one.

I don't know what the lifespan of these units is, generally, but you might want to pick up a spare just in case, especially if your son has plans to use the Krome live.

BB[/b]

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
CMoreno

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow morning, back to Sam Ash

Thanks to all for taking the time and kind replies. This seems like a very good forum, I will encourage my son to get involved. Music always brings people together.

Thanks again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all

- CM
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did they have a cord for you at Sam Ash? What was the verdict? The suspence is killing me so I can only Imagine what you and the son are going through..
CMoreno

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning my son and I drove to Sam Ash, we brought the keyboard in its box ready to exchange it but after checking the stock they didn't have any new one but, and making the story short, they gave me a new Power Supply.

The kid is been making noises since 11AM and trying to emulate Rick Wakeman. He is happy so, I'm happy.

Thanks to all in the forum.

- CM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: