Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On-line preload.pcg causes problems with OS v 1.0.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillErickson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: On-line preload.pcg causes problems with OS v 1.0.1 Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I've been playing around with my recently purchased microStation and having a blast. What a great little machine for taking on the road! I know it hasn't been a big seller for Korg here in the States, but I hope they'll continue the "Workstation with Minikeys" concept (how about a microKrome?).

I did have one little scare today. I was experimenting with initializing the keyboard, and reloaded the programs/combis/globals using the on-line version of the preload.pcg file found at:

http://www.korg.com/uploads/Download/PRELOAD_634709445768010000.zip

available via:

http://www.korg.com/microstation

on the "Support and Downloads" page, on the "Soundware" tab.

Imagine my surprise when I started hearing a distressing chorus effect on select notes on the first program patch "L/R Piano". Most notes were normal, while others had varying amounts of chorus, ranging from barely noticeable to rather annoying (really bad on E3, C#4, F4, and D5).

I went back and instead reloaded the version of preload.pcg that came with the CD delivered with the keyboard. Whew! Back to normal.

My guess is that the version of preload.pcg available on-line is for the original OS version 1.0 release. My newer microStation sports OS version 1.0.1 and seems to have problems with this older preload.pcg.

So if you've got a 1.0.1 microStation, *don't* load that file! I've sent a message to Korg support about it and hopefully they'll have the newer version available on-line shortly.

Regards,
Bill Erickson
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That L/R Piano patch has a parameter that can be adjusted so it's properly tuned:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=70555&highlight=piano
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
BillErickson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it looks like that thread was experiencing the same problem (the OP mentions that he had just reloaded the factory programs).

Granted, you can "fix" it by tweaking the associated parameters, but the root cause appears to be an inconsistency in the on-line version of the preload.pcg file available from Korg, as using the file available on the CD makes the problem go away without having to do any tweaking.
johnroney

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: 'preload' problems Reply with quote

hmmm..
well, i have a different problem... after loading the PRELOAD (web version) into my 1.0.1 o/s, when in COMBI mode, the routing of midi to EXT1 or EXT2 is null... nothing happens.
suuuuper weird.
can you post the PRELOAD from the CD? i can't find my cd anywhere...

johnroney
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: