Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

great little workstation!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
otter5555

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: great little workstation! Reply with quote

havent touched my korg ms since last winter
broke it out last night

i'd forgotton how quick and easy it was to sequence a song (guitar backing track)

i've been looping guitar for months but missed the keys

not anymore Smile

otter
BillErickson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's an awesome little machine. I just bought one over the weekend -- had been looking for a small keyboard I could take on travel and it seems ideal. At first I wasn't sure about those minikeys, but after playing it for a while in the store, I was surprised by how expressive you could play after a little adaptation.

It was kinda hard finding a hardshell / flight case for it. I noticed there's a lot of companies in Britain that make hard cases specifically for it, but none here in the States. I'm guessing the microStation is a lot more popular overseas than it is here. Finally found a SKB C3209 that will do the job, although the fit is a little tight and I kinda wish I had more room for padding around the sides.

Glad you rediscovered the Korg microStation!

Bill.
BillErickson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Otter,

I noticed while scanning the forum that you've had your problems dealing with the software editor. Is that why you set the MS aside last winter Wink .

Seriously, I haven't yet gotten around to using the editor (too busy playing around with the on-board patches and combis). Any words of advice on what to watch out for?

Bill.
otter5555

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont even use the sw editor anymore

i delt with ut long enough to do what i needed to do and the removed that piece of junk from my puter Smile

i have all my combis/single sounds/arps done and those are all i need

i am a guitarist and only play keys and sequence during the snowy months.

when the weather is better i gig on the street in a resort town (with a mobile rig) and have no time for anything else

otter
BillErickson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. How do you power the microStation when you're out on the streets? I have to admit that one of it's serious limitations as a portable unit was lack of battery support, but seeing as it takes a 1.7 amp power supply, it would probably burn through batteries pretty quick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: