Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

There is no korg online support for "i-Series"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
i

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: There is no korg online support for "i-Series" Reply with quote

BEWARE THE iKaossilator!!

Backing up your own loop data is a big problem... There is no way to BU file info, except by trusting the .ipa file (in the iTunes MOBILE APPLICATION .ipa file). The .ipa stays at 17.5MB ALWAYS, so it is not saving. If anyone knows about backing-up solutions, then post solution on this Korg forum thread.

THEREFORE, if you reset your iPod/iPad/iPhone, then you will lose YOUR inputted pattern data.

The online manual cryptically warns, "IMPORTANT FOR PC USERS : Please do not delete '.ikaoss.d' folder in iTunes. Your custom loop data will be deleted." BUT NO SOLUTION IS OFFERED BY KORG, even though they know of this problem...

My .ipa file has not changed -- even though my iPad's iTunes APP profile page states the file has steadily grown larger, as I input more pattern data into the iKaossilator on my iPad 3. iTune's APP page states my iKaossilator file is over 25MB! But the back-up .ipa file on my PC states the never-changing 17.5MB. Anyone got any ideas? Korg does not have a good customer support option for us iTunes "i-Series" customers. boo hoo.

Last edited by i on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
i

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: no korg online support for "i-Series" iTunes apps. Reply with quote

There is no korg online support for "i-Series" iTunes apps...

None of these email addresses responded to me: support@korgusa.com info@korg.co.uk info@korgcanada.com.

These are simply "branch plant" offices that primarily deal with hardware musical goods, not with apps. Thus there is no tech support for i-Series apps, even though the Korg iTunes page specifically directs i-Series inquiries to the above email addresses, only! Boo hoo. Play me a violin.

I WANT ANSWERS! Here's the problem: I love the iKaossilator BUT it cannot be backed up on PCs; only audio data can be, not user programmed loop data. The online manual states, "IMPORTANT FOR PC USERS : Please do not delete '.ikaoss.d' folder in iTunes. Your custom loop data will be deleted." Will Korg post an update to fix this? Otherwise all user data is lost when iPod/iPad/iPhones are reset! All user-defined data will be lost in an instant, if something goes wrong with your Apple device. Thank You, KORG. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

I will ask a friend in Japan to help me contact KORG Japan, I suppose. Wish me luck! Idea
i

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mailed the letter to Korg Japan. They contacted Korg Canada, who finally emailed me. Yes, it took a snail mail letter to Japan to get Korg Canada to finally contact me. Jeez. That sux, doesn't it?

Below is the good news emails from Korg Canada. Korg is posting an update to fix the backing-up problem for PC users.

Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:48 AM
To: iansane
Subject: iKaossilator

Hello Ian,
Thank you for the letter and emails. Your app is not working incorrectly. Since the iKaossilator is dependent on the Apple system itself, there are certain aspects that cannot be made to change. As an inexpensive synth (the most inexpensive to date) we hope that our customers enjoy it's uses within the device itself. May I suggest the Kaossilator 2 as a more advanced and versatile machine? http://www.korg.com/kaossilator2

Best regards,

Kurt Skjaevestad
Product Support
support@korgcanada.com

Second email:

Hello again Ian,
Please disregard my previous email here. Korg Japan has informed me of an update to rectify the very thing you were looking for. Congrats, and my apologies for the confusion. Look for the fix in an update that will soon be available: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/korg-ikaossilator/id452559831?mt=8

All the best, do not hesitate to email with further inquiries.

Kurt Skjaevestad
Product Support
support@korgcanada.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg i-Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: