Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rant in E-minor
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WaterDrum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is why I posted a link to here in the Wavedrum forum
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=84586&sid=c5817805b9a2325a58d5cc7f978b0f07

Small subforums can suffer alot from this behaviour ...

@hardsync and all
thanx for your clear texting
esp. the words containing " ** " Twisted Evil

WaterDrum
clockwork

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry,wrong forum.i'm out of here...

Last edited by clockwork on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clockwork wrote:
I'm 51 years young and bought myself a wavedrum to stay young,to keep bussy with my hands and mind and enjoy the sound of the drums.

I started reading on this forum even weeks before i bought myself a wavedrum,just to know how to handle it once it arrived.
Although the wavedrum comes with a whole lot of information i think it is normal that questions are asked,questions to whom the answers seem easy or simply to find the answers to in the manuals.

But maybe,instead of being rude,one should try to see things from the side from who is asking these questions;has this person troubles with the way the manual is written or is it written in a langue that is not his own?Did one oversee one tiny thing and becourse of that can't figure out what he is doing wrong?

Maybe one calls someone a retard for asking stupid questions without realizing this person could have lost his legs in an accident and who's only joy is to make music on a wavedrum he's gotten from his wife so he would feel better but gets kicked in the b*lls here when asking some help.

I agree to one point;A "thank you" is the least one can post,and maybe later on,when knowing his wavedrum better,help others when they have a "silly question".

I think the purpose of a forum is to help.This can be done easy by pointing out where the information one needs can be found and if solved this should be answered with a "thanks".If not solved there could be a followup.There is so little that people are willing to do for eachother these days in the world we live in that as a musician each of uss can make a diference,not only by performing but also in being nice to other fellow musicians...

If you actually read the sentiment of the post and replies, the complaint isn't about people not understanding or asking 'stupid questions', as much as it is about people not being polite, not acknowledging responses. Abandoning posts. Posting the same thing in multiple boards. Hijacking other's threads, even if they are ancient (as if it were a room of people, I often see "you guys seem like you know what you're talking about, how about [completely unrelated question]". Not searching for existing responses to the problem.

Another thing I get a lot is people PMing me directly, sometimes about a keyboard or other kit I don't even own or know anything about. I'm flattered that they think I'm so knowledgable, but PMing members directly for help keeps the answers and knowledge out of the public domain, and either they are spamming every member with a direct message, or they probably aren't reaching the right people - the people who actually use their kit and might have similar problems - as opposed to posting in the right section where people would actually have a useful response..

We are all here to help one another, but nobody is paying us to do it and we aren't doing it because we have to, we're here because we like to help.

And the community isn't supposed to be as much of a support platform as it is a place for users to meet together and exchange ideas, experiences, as well as solutions to problems. Because not everything is a problem doesn't mean it's not worth discussing. In fact it is those more constructive discussions that make the community the place it is today.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said X-trade Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: