Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Editor 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lotty1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Korg Editor 2 Reply with quote

Well it here but is it any good.
Locked up my pc then editor said my kronos software was not ver 2 when it was.
So has anybody else had problems Question
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is ridiculous, how many more freaking posts?
lotty1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
This is ridiculous, how many more freaking posts?

Sorry thought this was a forum my mistake Wink
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a forum, but what's the point of opening lots of different topics on the Editor v2 ? Why not ask a question in a topic that's already open ? There are too many topics on v2 as it is. That's what Nedim wanted to express.

Kronoscopie, tout sur le Kronos en français

http://www.kronoscopie.fr
lotty1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francois wrote:
It is a forum, but what's the point of opening lots of different topics on the Editor v2 ? Why not ask a question in a topic that's already open ? There are too many topics on v2 as it is. That's what Nedim wanted to express.

Think it could have been express better but I do see your point.
"This is ridiculous, how many more freaking posts?" Wink
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about it - it's just the outburst of lots of owners let down again by a mediocre piece of free software Laughing

For a second time Laughing

FWIW, my expectations weren't exactly high in the first place, but it won't affect what I'm doing with my Kronos Cool
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Chrutil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
FWIW, my expectations weren't exactly high in the first place, but it won't affect what I'm doing with my Kronos Cool

Exactly. I didn't expect anything else than something that would work with the current OS either, perhaps with some small feature upgrades.
As the saying goes - "Fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me... You can't get fooled again."

C
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Download the Korg Kronos AL-1/Polysix Graphical Editor
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
Don't worry about it - it's just the outburst of lots of owners let down again by a mediocre piece of free software Laughing

)

I disagree.

If the editor was something that was never promised in the first place then yes I would agree. Bit like if korg choose to give us some more Kronos sounds for free, we would have zero to complain about.

But that isn't the case with the editor. It was part of the initial advert, telling you you could integrate with popular daws etc.

The fact that we have to download it is irrelivant.

If something had gone wrong with the piano samples at release and that was offed as a free download later, if they turned out to be next to useless, people who want to use them would soon get tired of others mocking them for complaining about something that was mediocre and free.

Not to release a 64bit version in late 2012 Is simply unbelievable and people have a right to moan.

Best

Joe
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may disagree, although I'm not quite sure with what - you've quoted a piece of my text that has no reference to your statement, although my quoted text is pretty much on the money. Here's why:

Taking a step back from this whole issue, what we have here is another load of posts/threads expressing their discontent about a mediocre piece of software.
Kind of a re-run of the EXACT same scenario that happened when V1 was released.

An bearing in mind how long it took to get that, there are quite a few adopters of Kronos who waited a very long time for this eventual disappointment.
Whilst some waited, others (like myself) gave up and simply moved on.

The wait *could* have affected my business and production - but simply, there's NO way the a synthesiser manufacturer will have that hold over my livelihood. No matter how good it is! Laughing

But to flip it round, and this isn't meant to be patronising to anybody - just stating a fact:
I come from an era where editors were neither available, nor required. Everything I need to do, I can do from the keyboard.

That's not disputing the fact that (a) people today DO require an editor/software package, and more importantly (b) Korg SHOULD have provided an editor.

The harsh reality is that contractually, Korg HAVE provided an editor.

It's rubbish in comparison to many peoples' expectations.

Yes, it's a missed opportunity, but personally, I couldn't give 2 sh1ts about the software: anything that actually slows down my work-flow doesn't belong in my studio. Simple.

Dan
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
You may disagree, although I'm not quite sure with what - you've quoted a piece of my text that has no reference to your statement

As I read your comment it looked to me like you were implying people people shouldn't be complaining about a bit of free software.

Apologies if I misunderstood.

Quote:

But to flip it round, and this isn't meant to be patronising to anybody - just stating a fact:
I come from an era where editors were neither available, nor required. Everything I need to do, I can do from the keyboard.

Over the years people have said similar things about the invention of the car, the phone, the mobile/cell phone, electricity, the internet etc

Quote:

Taking a step back from this whole issue, what we have here is another load of posts/threads expressing their discontent about a mediocre piece of software.
Kind of a re-run of the EXACT same scenario that happened when V1 was released.

And so we should have a load of posts etc. korg has chosen not to listen, v2 is as bad as v1, if people didn't flood the forums showing how annoyed they were, korg would simply presume people had given up bothering about the editor, hence would continue with their bad attitude for years to come.

The more people publicly voice their unhappiness, the more korg are likely to sit up and listen.

Quote:

The harsh reality is that contractually, Korg HAVE provided an editor.

It's rubbish in comparison to many peoples' expectations.

Contractually they might have, but if that's how they view their customers then it leaves a lot to be desired.

I would argue that they haven't provided an editor suitable for use in 2012 on 64 bit daws hence contractually have failed.

Quote:

Yes, it's a missed opportunity, but personally, I couldn't give 2 sh1ts about the software: anything that actually slows down my work-flow doesn't belong in my studio. Simple.

Dan

That's usually the case, those that couldn't give a dam about the editor are usually the ones most vocal about those that do.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to have a discussion where the the content is thrashed out in a mature manner Smile

I'm certainly not having a go about the level of complaints - but you could argue that if you keep banging your head against a brickwall, at some point, you've got to stop and try an alternative method of breaking the wall down.

(If I knew this answer I'd be very happy Laughing )

One thing I'll admit to struggling to comprehend is that some people simply cannot use the Kronos without this software: as if their lives have halted. Wow. Just Wow.
99% of Kronos functions are available without the need for a plug-in. The plug was designed to compliment an already VERY capable product: as is proven by the fact that the machine was usable ALL the time prior to release of the V1 Editor/Plug.
This was also proven when the release of OS2 for Kronos rendered the already useless (subjectively-speaking) software, even more useless as it didn't work.

Kronos still worked.

With reference to the contractual obligations, that's ALL Korg have to do. Korg (imho) are already moving on from Kronos with the release of Krome. They're onto new things now.

With reference to your last comment though, I will respectfully take issue if it's directed at me:-
Quote:
That's usually the case, those that couldn't give a dam about the editor are usually the ones most vocal about those that do.

I would challenge that it's actually the opposite - those that aren't overly bothered, with exception of a few who are just interested in the topic (and I DO think Korg missed a fantastic opportunity to combine both hardware and computer), aren't the vocal ones.
It's everybody that DOES want the Editor who are the most vocal. And within their rights to do so - as per your previous paragraph.

What I don't want to get lost in translation is the fact that EVERYBODY is to some degree annoyed that this element of the "package" hasn't been delivered to the expectations of the purchaser. It's just that some are more annoyed than others.
I'm probably preaching to the converted here, but the Music Industry moves too quickly to get bogged down in the resentment of a broken promise. FWIW, if I had have made a "stand" about the lack of effective software, I would have missed out on some fantastic projects during this last 18 months. I would have missed out on a lot of income from both production and session playing.
As it stands, I didn't take a stand, as I (trying not to come across as arrogant here) could see that this was probably never going to be a situation that Korg corrected to my satisfaction - especially after seeing the editor software. I moved on. Got the productions done, played the gigs, and the Kronos has now more than paid for itself.

Disappointed that the software never made it to the level of say the Virus plugin? Yes. But I've already got over it and moved on.

But this is just me. Smile

However, I will just add (EDIT) one thing - look at my quoted post:

Quote:

Nowhere in this post have I actually had a go at the users waiting for this software. I've merely voiced the fact that since the launch of Kronos, the software aspect hasn't been handled very at all by Korg. And it is a poor piece of software (we all agree on this Laughing )

Dan
Saxifraga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ScoobyDoo555
The Editor is irrelevant to you.
That´s why everybody else should shut up?
I don´t understand your point.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am one of those who would enjoy editor/vsti usability.

But I am also past my original expectations and have long moved on. One reason may be that I have learned to work with the Kronos alone or a conventional midi/audio software seuencer setting much better over more than a year.

I think it makes more sense to opt for realistic improvements which add to the workflow, than just to get desperate about the basic character of the editor. And version 2 at least is useable with all its limits, in contrast to version 1, which I just uninstalled after trying to use it. Up to now, the workflow improvement by this editor/vsti is very limited, but I guess it will be a necessity for Korg to improve it, facing the next big Yamaha workstation challenge coming at winter NAMM 2013.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saxifraga wrote:
@ScoobyDoo555
The Editor is irrelevant to you.
That´s why everybody else should shut up?
I don´t understand your point.

LOL!!! Laughing

Yes, the editor is irrelevant. To ME. Agreed.
Please show me where I've said for everybody else to shut up?

I genuinely mean this with respect (possibly more than I've been shown in this thread to date), before everybody jumps on the bandwagon of mis-reading what I've put, take the time to actually read it.

@ Jim - wholeheartedly agree.
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
I am one of those who would enjoy editor/vsti usability.

But I am also past my original expectations and have long moved on. One reason may be that I have learned to work with the Kronos alone or a conventional midi/audio software seuencer setting much better over more than a year.

I think it makes more sense to opt for realistic improvements which add to the workflow, than just to get desperate about the basic character of the editor. And version 2 at least is useable with all its limits, in contrast to version 1, which I just uninstalled after trying to use it. Up to now, the workflow improvement by this editor/vsti is very limited, but I guess it will be a necessity for Korg to improve it, facing the next big Yamaha workstation challenge coming at winter NAMM 2013.

As I mentioned for Editor 1. The main problem is KRONOS architecture, not the Editor itself. Until KRONOS allows full editing of all synth engines from Combi and Song mode, no editor, no matter how userfriendly will improve the workflow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: