Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A pianist, new to Korg, who bought a Krome...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MWGKorg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: A pianist, new to Korg, who bought a Krome... Reply with quote

And it should be turning up on Monday.

Last edited by MWGKorg on Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
mocando
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. You are in for a treat. If the Krome turns out to be equal or better than my former M50, which I'm completely sure it is, you won't be disappointed.

Sorry for the question, but coming from an entry level Casio keyboard, which I assume it had speakers, you do know you'll need an external audio system to hook your Krome to, do you? Just checking.

Cheers

Korg Gear: Wavestation
Korg Software: KLC Wavestation, iWavestation for iPad
Non Korg: M-Audio Code 61 MIDI Controller, Nektar GX49 MIDI Controller
Music Computing: 16in Macbook Pro with Touch Bar Mid 2019, i9 32GB RAM 2TB Flash, MacOS Catalina - 2019 iPad Air 64GB
Software: Apple MainStage, Arturia V Collection 7, Arturia OB-Xa V
Visit: Synth Fans :: Everything Synths Twitter: @korgfans
MWGKorg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Thanks for concern though, it was deinitely an issue when selling the studiologic, noone could understand a keyboard without speakers or indeed sounds.

The casio went ages ago anyway, it was frankly rubbish and barely played, the vast majority of my experience is on a fairly decent upright piano. I have a variety of monitors or headphones whcih should do the trick, or there's always a fender twin if I fall out with the neighbours...
mocando
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkWillGreen wrote:
Yes! Thanks for concern though, it was deinitely an issue when selling the studiologic, noone could understand a keyboard without speakers or indeed sounds.

The casio went ages ago anyway, it was frankly rubbish and barely played, the vast majority of my experience is on a fairly decent upright piano. I have a variety of monitors or headphones whcih should do the trick, or there's always a fender twin if I fall out with the neighbours...

Ahhh, nothing like a garage band. I have one with my son. He is a drummer. We play Genesis, Rush and some other prog and pop rock. He just entered the University of Panama Fine Arts School to study music. He is fully into it, I'm just an amateur Wink We'll soon move our studio to one of the university halls, though. Much more space, and less nagging by the neighbors.

Music Computing: 16in Macbook Pro with Touch Bar Mid 2019, i9 32GB RAM 2TB Flash, MacOS Catalina - 2019 iPad Air 64GB
MWGKorg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds ideal!

Last edited by MWGKorg on Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
mocando
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkWillGreen wrote:
That sounds ideal, the main thing me an my Dad do together is DIY/building, lawl. I'm going to be an architect, it's probably where I got it from!

I think I remember some of your posts before I signed up, did you move down from the States fairly recently and find none of the shops have kit in Panama? What's it like importing down there? Whats the music scene like, you gigging? Would have thought the uni would have practice rooms and stuff which would be ideal; I don't even know where the music department is in mine.

Not quite. I moved out of Venezuela a year ago, and even though is a country in an extreme crisis, both politically and economically, but the instruments marketplace is huge. In panama there are just a couple of stores, no more, and they either handle very cheap stuff, basic casios or yamahas, or crazy studio or performing audio stuff. Not much more in between.

Music here is not like in the US, or Venezuela. There are just a few places that have live music. But things are changing, so I expect in the future we might see more and more involvement.

Importing stuff here from the states is good. And tends to be better with the recently signed free trade treaty.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: