Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introduction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leovanas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Introduction Reply with quote

Hello all,
I am a piano player and also have a KORG 01W and have played it intermittently. I am a bit torn by the synth phenomenon. On the one hand I
Can groove on the sounds they produce, but then I feel very limited on the instrument because of the physical limitations compared to an acoustic piano.
Leo
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to KorgForums!

What do you mean by physical limitations? A lot of us see synthesizers as being far more flexible, with the ability to produce more sounds and change those sounds whilst you perform.. And you can get workstation synthesizers with 88 note hammer-action keyboards..
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
jimmyss75

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Smile
I hear you I'm torn the same way, acoustic instruments feels alive and it comes for free, it lies within them naturally to be mastered and conqered. I can see synths work the same way if wanted but also why synths fails to be mastered the same way.. all goodies are too often way deep burried inside. You need a fat manual to drag them out.
LastFM: http://www.lastfm.se/user/JimmyQQQ
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Jimmyss75,

If I told you that all the goodies, the nuance, and the art in the acoustic piano would be realized at least 10 years from when you started would you bother?

Why then cry about a thick manual when you can get through it and understand far more quickly?

OK, perhaps what's really missing from synths is the feel of the sound coming up through your fingers and the physical experience of the sound -- not just a signal in your headphones that engages your ears alone.

Maybe what the next generation of keyboards need to do is put a speaker under the keys and then address minimum (sound) system requirements the same way we do to ensure satisfactory experience with software.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: