Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Korg Krome
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: PCG Tools for Korg Krome Reply with quote

Currently PCG Tools does NOT support the Krome, however it will be added soon I hope.

More information will follow as soon as known.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone has a Krome PCG file (preferably a complete PCG file), please send it to me, so I can already analyze it.

Without such a file it is impossible for me to implement and test PCG Tools for adding Krome support.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
steph

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: found but ... Reply with quote

I had simply found the KROME.PCG factory file inside the software download page on Korg-USA website.

But unfortunatly, i wasn't able to use it.

Before, for the M50.PCG factory file , i was able with the editor of the
M3 to have direct and full access to the M50.PCG, because there were a very nicely option to load the M50.PCG correctly in the M3 Editor and then ok !

Please, may somebody these good nice option in the future upcoming version two of Kronos Editor !

Thank you !
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will try when(ever) I continue with PCG Tools again.

mocando
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to keep record here of future developments, I just converted one of my old M50 PCGs to Krome format using the editor. Importing and exporting back. Sent it to Michel for study.

One thing I realized once I exported is that the original M50 file was 553KB in size. Importing it to the Krome and immediately exporting it, without touching anything, the file in Krome format became 4,348KB.

Although, zipped are closer in size. 45KB for the M50 and 87KB for the Krome.

Strange, isn't it?

Korg Gear: Wavestation
Korg Software: KLC Wavestation, iWavestation for iPad
Non Korg: M-Audio Code 61 MIDI Controller, Nektar GX49 MIDI Controller
Music Computing: 16in Macbook Pro with Touch Bar Mid 2019, i9 32GB RAM 2TB Flash, MacOS Catalina - 2019 iPad Air 64GB
Software: Apple MainStage, Arturia V Collection 7, Arturia OB-Xa V
Visit: Synth Fans :: Everything Synths Twitter: @korgfans
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't checked the differences in detail, I noticed arpeggio banks in the Krome PCG file, not checked if they are in the M50 file.

I adapted PCG Tools and I noticed it could read Krome PCG files without any problems. I haven't checked details or writing and references.

Also I need to attend to some sync bugs affecting all models, so it can take a while before I will launch that version.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current development version is some kind of work in progress. It contains some problems, and I even don't know which ones. However, it MIGHT support Korg Krome. Does anybody of you have a Korg Krome and want to try it? If it works (more or less), some people might be glad to have something rather than nothing.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Translators request for PCG Tools
I have managed a way to be able to support multiple languages in PCG Tools. This does not mean everything is already translated. I need first to fix bugs before I can continue, but at that time it would be nice if people would like to translate all words in PCG Tools to a (probably for them) native language.

I can provide a list with all words (sort of specialized text file). Of course if multiple people would like to help, I can split the complete list of words in the number of people for that language. So far there is one person who likes to do the French translation. I could do Dutch translation myself but I wonder how many people would be interested in that.

Personally I think there will be lots of people who are interested in a German, French, Spanish, Italian and maybe even Russian language, but of course any language (not sure about Chinese/Japanese/Arabic kind of languages though) can be supported, as long as there is at least one willing person to translate.

So if you are interested in helping me with translating, don't hesitate to leave a message to which language you would like to translate.

splinters

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to help if i can. Just got a Krome 61 and wading my way through the sound banks.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

splinters wrote:
Happy to help if i can. Just got a Krome 61 and wading my way through the sound banks.

Dear Splinters,

Good to hear ... which language would you like to translate too?
Btw, the current version does not support the Krome but when the translations are finished it will.

Cheo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: If I can help Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm new here. I think your tool could make it possible to play back midi files in a simple way on Krome machines.
There's a combi on M3 that can do this. So if we "translate" this combi to Krome it may be possible to do as well as in M3.
Tell me what to do.
Thank you very much
Best regards
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: If I can help Reply with quote

Cheo wrote:
Hello,

I'm new here. I think your tool could make it possible to play back midi files in a simple way on Krome machines.
There's a combi on M3 that can do this. So if we "translate" this combi to Krome it may be possible to do as well as in M3.
Tell me what to do.
Thank you very much
Best regards

I'm sorry but I d on't have a clue what you mean ... PCG Tools cannot play back midi files. Also a combi cannot play back MIDI files ... can you please explain better what you mean?

Cheo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes of course. I'm sorry I was not clear.
What I mean is this :
http://karma-lab.wikidot.com/korg-m3:configuring-the-m3-to-play-general-midi-files

Is that possible ? It could be a good application of the PCG tools. And would make it simpler for us to play midi files on Krome.
Thanks
Best regards
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheo wrote:
Yes of course. I'm sorry I was not clear.
What I mean is this :
http://karma-lab.wikidot.com/korg-m3:configuring-the-m3-to-play-general-midi-files

Is that possible ? It could be a good application of the PCG tools. And would make it simpler for us to play midi files on Krome.
Thanks
Best regards

I don't see much similarity between PCG Tools and the web page you describe.

PCG Tools is a tool for analyzing and managing PCG (and a bit of SNG)files. You can copy and move patches between different files and more.
However, for general midi files, it depends what programs are used.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm intended to release a new version of PCG Tools within a short time, hopefully with Krome support, but that does not depend only on me.

If there is someone who could help me with a little test (takes about 10 minutes) I would be very glad. The test is for checking if changed PCG files work on a Krome. If it does not work, I know I have work to do, otherwise I can release it.

Please leave me a PM with your email (so I can send a PCG file for checking).

Kind regards,

Michel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: