Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MicroKorg XL - suddenly noisy output...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkristen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: MicroKorg XL - suddenly noisy output... Reply with quote

Hello.
Has anybody here experienced that their MicroKorg XL has suddenly got a noisy output ("gliding white noise") on power-up, and afterwards a "woolly" sound?
I think I've got a defective output stage, since everything else seems to work fine.
Thanks.
/ Jesper.
klingáč

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
My MickoKorg XL sometimes doesn´t work correctly - one audio output channel (noise). After disconnect all cables and then connect again work correct. I tried to try with headphones - it was the same. However, one channel is probably wrong. I think so, it´s problem with output stage.. or?
jwallis123

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people seem to have this problem, and at least for me the fix was really easy! Took like 15 minutes!

1 Unplug the thing of course.
2 Remove all the screws off the back panel, they're all the same, and took the back off. No need to unplug the battery wire
3 Then just remove the four silver screws from the board that the headphones jack is soldered onto
4 reseat that board so that it was making nice contact with the metal pieces it screws into
5 then screw it back in, pretty tightly but without forcing it or stripping the screws
6 at this point it's a good idea to put the back on without the screws, plug it in and test it with your headphones.
7 if the sound is back, unplug it and screw the backing back on!

Please respond if this worked for you so that others will have confidence that it's a good fix... maybe I just got lucky....
kashewbutter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwallis123 wrote:
A lot of people seem to have this problem, and at least for me the fix was really easy! Took like 15 minutes!

2 Remove all the screws off the back panel, they're all the same, and took the back off. No need to unplug the battery wire
3 Then just remove the four silver screws from the board that the headphones jack is soldered onto
4 reseat that board so that it was making nice contact with the metal pieces it screws into
5 then screw it back in, pretty tightly but without forcing it or stripping the screws
6 at this point it's a good idea to put the back on without the screws, plug it in and test it with your headphones.

Please respond if this worked for you so that others will have confidence that it's a good fix... maybe I just got lucky....

This worked perfectly for me! Thanks so much JWallis123. Very Happy
Alpha-Dave

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwallis123 wrote:

My Microkorg XL had developed a fault; the right channel was stuck on full volume, while the left could be controlled by the volume knob. This was true for both the outputs and headphones. I tried this fix, and now it’s back to perfect, thank you! Very Happy
tbr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:43 am    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

jwallis123 wrote:

Just created this account to say: Thank you!

Completely amazing simple solution! Fixed the hissing noise and the bad balance (left much quieter) on my mircoKorg XL. Thank you so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: