Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Potential for M3 & Korg
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
electro21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Potential for M3 & Korg Reply with quote

I just had an idea (which may have already been posted. Didn't see where it had when I searched the forum) that Korg and other M3 owners may like. Since the M3 has a removable module, Korg can create a new module that will fit on the existing keybed! Since the module is almost half the price of the 88 key version, it may not be as expensive as creating a whole board. Korg makes money and we get an updated M3. For example, a "Kronos module" on your M3 for $1500 (that's about $1300 less than the Kronos 61 and about $1600 less than Kronos X 61). I'd buy it!
rpowell01

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I would love to see a Kronos sound module to be placed in one of the empty spots. I know realistically they can do this but will they is the question.
electro21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping that if they had given up on the M3 and hadn't considered this, that this would "revive" the M3.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in theory it is possible; however probably the interface between the engine and GUI/controller is not so flexible that Korg could make it work easily.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
martinbaba

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see a Pa3x sound module to be placed in my M3 keybed next to my M3 module
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes this is a nice idea.

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
electro21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have loved to have a Kronos module next to my M3 module, but I didn't expect, nor want, all of the Kronos features. What I really mean is a Kronos LE (Light Edition), or an improved M3 module (more RAM capabilities, producer sound set, Karma 3.x, and other fixes/additions that Korg could and/or would throw in there). For those who don't want 2 modules side-by-side on their 88 keyboard, you would have the option (just like the 61 and 73-key versions) of switching between modules. Since they are both Korg modules, I would think it would be less trouble using those 2 together than using a 3rd party module with the M3. I'd still pay the $1500 for an improved M3 module.
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the hope of Korg doing anything new for the M3 is like hoping they'll do something new for the Triton series. Only time I've ever seen them revisit an old piece of equipment is when they announced a MicroKORG editor for the 10th anniversary. Along those lines however, I would like to see them update the VST plug-in editor to make it 64bit compatible. Simple update like that would greatly extend the life of the unit.
rpowell01

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to add that I do not understand why Korg only made the Radias to fit into one of the M3 slots. Now I could be wrong about this but did Korg create any other modules that will fit into one of the slots? If not then I wonder why talk about the empty slots in the manual? LOL I think they need to make another module so we can have more fun...

BTW update the VST plugin so we can change colors of the gui. I cannot stand the white and red gui, bad on the eyes.
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel the Korg Komponent System (as they called it) used in Radias and M3 is currently a dead horse... just consider how kronos is design...
Yatrix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would love to see a Pa3x sound module

Or just midi arranger module without sounds.
Documentation included in setup.
iixorbiusii

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that Korg sold enough of the larger M3's to warrant the investment in new hardware modules for the 'komponent' system.
r12

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can also replace the M3 module by a kronos module and keep the M3's keyboard...
Kerzwhile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the "Nano" controllers, They should Make an add-on midi control surface, better yet, use the Hardware from the EMX/ESX boxes!
MY Weapons of choice: K2600X, Oasys88, PC3X, K2661, V-Synth, MotifESR, ZR-76, TS-12, VFX, EPS16+,ESQ-1, ESQ-1R, Emu Xtreme Lead, SCI Six Trak, HR-16, Kurzweil Mark 150 Baby Grand and 2 D1600's synced!!!
http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=kerzwhile
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iixorbiusii wrote:
I doubt that Korg sold enough of the larger M3's to warrant the investment in new hardware modules for the 'komponent' system.

+1

I think the Komponent System was done in by the economic crash of 08. Not enough systems were purchased, so Korg wisely moved on. I think the same is true of OASYS development. Wise management knows when to take their lumps and move on.

It's been difficult for many OASYS and M3 users, but better a viable Korg than none at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: